Using Modelonia with breath controller [free presets here]

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi NUSofting, thanks for your Modelonia beta. I can see so much possibility for use with my AKAI 4000s wind controller, but it doesn't look possible to me. Is that right? I would like to use CC#02 to control amplitude etc.
I entered CC#02 for the gain control but it doesn't move. I'm sure there are others playing wind controllers like the Yamaha WX11 who would like it. Thanks again!

Hi and welcome,

something went wrong because it's indeed possible to control any Modelonia parameter with any MIDI CC, or Velocity, or Aftertouch. Please tell me step by step how you did that, it must work.

Here attached you can download a preset which has CC2 linked to Master Gain, I tried it and works perfectly,
please load the "BLN Cromornix CC2.xml" in Modelonia beta using the Load button, then you can change the range of modulation by right clicking on the Master Gain knob.

That's just an example, for more expressive use with a breath controller you may want to link more than one parameter.

Please let me know.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks! Problem solved. I realized that when I entered the CC# I was just pressing 'OK' after, but it needs 'enter' first. Will try your preset also.

Great, please let me know if you need more tips on how to setup Modelonia for the breath controller

Liqih,
if you've got a couple more patches set up for a wind controller (EWI),
I'd be very interested to try them out...
All the best,
m

mato_i wrote:Liqih,
if you've got a couple more patches set up for a wind controller (EWI),
I'd be very interested to try them out...
All the best,
m
Hi,

I don't have an EWI, but I can prepare some presets with the right controllers setup if you tell me your favourite configuration,
I guess mainly you use CC#2 (Breath Controller), but EWI can output other CCs, CC#7 Volume?
Aftertouch?, Pitchbend range?
Maybe you can send me short MIDI file recorded with your EWI so I can see which MIDI messages are used.

Akai EWI (in its default state if I'm not mistaken) outputs only:

CC2 (breath level)
NoteOn - with velocity set to current breath level (after silence usually two or three positive breath level messages are sent before sending the NoteOn)
NoteOff
PitchBend

Just one or two a bit more sophisticated patches to demonstrate what Modelonia can do with such controller - would be very nice (the presets in the demo seem set with the keyboard controller in mind)... If possible, something related to clarinet ?

I appreciate your effort! Thanks!

m

ok do you know the pitchbend range required? Maybe 12 st

Is 200 cents ok?

yes I will set Modelonia range to 2 ST,
anway you can easly change that on the GUI

Here you can download 6 presets (they load in Modelonia trial too), MIDI CC#2 is mapped for dynamics and noise in various way across the presets, some have mono legato on others off, please let me kwow if they sound any good with your breath controller, PB range at 2 ST, if doesn't match just click on the top right GUI and change it.

Thanks
Modelonia_Breathcontroller_preset.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Many thanks!
Yes, these patches respond much better to the wind controller!
Will play with them and try out all those parameters...
All the best,
m

Return to “NUSofting”