Concert Strings 3

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Completed piece using only Concert Strings 3 (version 1)

Not the right character for a demo but you'll get somewhat an idea of what the libraries can do.

https://soundcloud.com/clyde-lindman/threnodic-sketches
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

Nice. PM me.

Emailed you.
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

chibear wrote:Completed piece using only Concert Strings 3 (version 1)

Not the right character for a demo but you'll get somewhat an idea of what the libraries can do.

https://soundcloud.com/clyde-lindman/threnodic-sketches
Sounds really nice. I especially liked the quieter parts. It reminds me of those late 70s string sounds you'd hear in movies.

RAM footprint query.

As I'm still on Win7 32bit, I wanted to "extract" a few soloists from CC3 to load fewer samples at a time.
However, even after purging unused instruments, so the saved soloist would use less RAM, the new sample folder is just as big as the original complete folder.

In CC2 and Diamond, I the smaller soloist and chamber "instruments" and sample folders to use on my WinXP laptop.
This does not seem possible with Spotlight or CC3.

Could I erase (in a copied sample folder!) the samples for violins 9 to 16, leaving just the named soloists?

Vardaro wrote:RAM footprint query.

As I'm still on Win7 32bit, I wanted to "extract" a few soloists from CC3 to load fewer samples at a time.
However, even after purging unused instruments, so the saved soloist would use less RAM, the new sample folder is just as big as the original complete folder.

In CC2 and Diamond, I the smaller soloist and chamber "instruments" and sample folders to use on my WinXP laptop.
This does not seem possible with Spotlight or CC3.

Could I erase (in a copied sample folder!) the samples for violins 9 to 16, leaving just the named soloists?
The purge mode only works when you purge from the "chair" or "soloist" areas, and not from the "Stage" area. Make sure to try this, and you should be ok.

Thanks, kirk, I'll try that.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”