Nora 2.55 - Avaliable now!

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Nora 2.55 will be ready to download in 24-48h. It's a bugfix release. It fixes a problem that we were carring since Nora 1.0 related with the plugins IDs, and we had to solve some day before continue releasing newer versions. It only affects to Windows users and only to few hosts. The solution of this problem may do that older saved project in your host won't find Nora when loading. To solve this you must:

1. Save the Nora Project (*.npj) with Nora 2.54 or your current version of every song you have.
2. Uninstall Nora 2.54 and install 2.55.
3. Load your projects and add Nora 2.55 to replace the missing plugin, then load the *.npj.

If you don't read this post and you cannot download 2.54 only 2.55, email me to support [at] squaredheads [d] com.

The changes in 2.55 are:

2.55 - 14/Jul/2015
------------------------------------

* Modified
-'Phrase editor options'->'Open' works similar to dragging from browser.
- Nora manual updated to v2.55

* Bugfixes
- Nora now has an unique plug-in ID for the Windows version (In the past versions, it was only available for the Mac version, and some Windows DAWs did not recognize the VST)
- Nora now detects sequence changes in real time and therefore the 'File'->'Save' option is always available.
- When a new project was started, the browser was displayed incorrectly.
- Playlist Phantom frames were not displayed correctly when enabling them in the Preferences window.
- When a selected clip was deleted using the 'DELETE' key on the keyboard while the mouse cursor was over it, Nora occasionally crashed.
- When multiple clips were selected and then deleted, some of them were remained without deleting.
- Nora now allows MIDI file importing at any resolution. (Not limited to 96 ppq anymore)

You can download it now from your user account.

Any ETA on fixing the multitouch trackpad problem?

Well, it's not a fix but a feature, compatibility with Windows 8/10 touchscreen and Mac trackpad. In this case Mac trackpad will come first. The MagicMouse macros, however, has the lowest priority.

I've experimented with this, and it is not an easy implementation. The first step will be remove any possible multitouch from Nora, good or bad, to avoid confusion, then add them slowly. If I have the time the next non-bugfix update will come at least with the first step. But I didn't developed it enough to have a rough estimation, it still need a lot of work.

Well, getting rid of undesirable scrolling behaviour is a fix in my book, but call it what you want :wink:

I'm very glad that it is still on the radar though. As I promised back in March I'll be patient. Best of luck with it.

Cheers.

I'll try to accelerate it, promised! ;)

squaredheads wrote:
* Modified
-'Phrase editor options'->'Open' works similar to dragging from browser.
- Nora manual updated to v2.55

* Bugfixes
- Nora now has an unique plug-in ID for the Windows version (In the past versions, it was only available for the Mac version, and some Windows DAWs did not recognize the VST)
- Nora now detects sequence changes in real time and therefore the 'File'->'Save' option is always available.
- When a new project was started, the browser was displayed incorrectly.
- Playlist Phantom frames were not displayed correctly when enabling them in the Preferences window.
- When a selected clip was deleted using the 'DELETE' key on the keyboard while the mouse cursor was over it, Nora occasionally crashed.
- When multiple clips were selected and then deleted, some of them were remained without deleting.
- Nora now allows MIDI file importing at any resolution. (Not limited to 96 ppq anymore)

Loving the Midi import fix... Thanks...

Hi,

the size of the playlist window is not stored and recalled with an individual size, it always jumps to the same size after opening an stored instance.

I'll investigate it next Monday, thank for letting me know :)

MorpherX wrote:Hi,

the size of the playlist window is not stored and recalled with an individual size, it always jumps to the same size after opening an stored instance.
Hi, do you mean the 'size' or the 'zoom'? The zoom is not recalled, indeed - it will be fixed, but the size does recall here.

squaredheads wrote:
MorpherX wrote:Hi,

Hi, do you mean the 'size' or the 'zoom'? The zoom is not recalled, indeed - it will be fixed, but the size does recall here.

Hi,

you are fixing the right issue.

Thanks !

Return to “Squaredheads”