New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

I've added a new suggestion on the list above ;)

Has anybody tried to contact and/or heard from Tom in the last 2 months? I've been emailing him since July 1 every week or so with no response.

Starting to think he's fallen off the face of the planet.

If anybody has any info, can you please respond to this thread?

wagtunes wrote:Has anybody tried to contact and/or heard from Tom in the last 2 months? I've been emailing him since July 1 every week or so with no response.

this is a bit of a shame, as he could easily end up as one of 'those' developers that people automatically support/buy from 'on faith'. unfortunately, this whole 'non-communication' thing is letting him down. it's understandable that some folk want very little to do with that side of things, but then they perhaps need to find ways to 'deal', or get some help from someone else in dealing with the customer interactions

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Has anybody tried to contact and/or heard from Tom in the last 2 months? I've been emailing him since July 1 every week or so with no response.

this is a bit of a shame, as he could easily end up as one of 'those' developers that people automatically support/buy from 'on faith'. unfortunately, this whole 'non-communication' thing is letting him down. it's understandable that some folk want very little to do with that side of things, but then they perhaps need to find ways to 'deal', or get some help from someone else in dealing with the customer interactions
I'm totally baffled by the whole situation. I sent him 50 brand new presets that I told him he could use in his next release if he wanted. All we had to do was work out the details. This was back in June actually. Haven't heard a word since and I've contacted him several times.

And the saddest part is, this is an amazing granular synth. It's hands down the best dedicated granular out there, in my opinion anyway.

When people email me, I respond within 24 hours always.

I guess running a business isn't for everybody.

wagtunes wrote:

I'm totally baffled by the whole situation. I sent him 50 brand new presets that I told him he could use in his next release if he wanted. All we had to do was work out the details. This was back in June actually. Haven't heard a word since and I've contacted him several times.

And the saddest part is, this is an amazing granular synth. It's hands down the best dedicated granular out there, in my opinion anyway.

Wait, you expect someone to respond to every email from every yahoo who's submitting some patches? If he wasn't responding to a valid support request, I'd understand, but I'd take his silence as he doesn't give a sh!t about your patches and nothing more.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Wait, you expect someone to respond to every email from every yahoo who's submitting some patches? If he wasn't responding to a valid support request, I'd understand, but I'd take his silence as he doesn't give a sh!t about your patches and nothing more.
Okay, first of all, you know nothing about our relationship so shut the hell up.

For your information, I was one of the beta testers. I was the one responsible for him implementing the functionality of embedding the wave files inside the patches themselves to make them more portable. Without my help, that synth wouldn't be where it is today.

So before you open your big fat mouth, how about knowing what the hell you're talking about.

Sucks.

As I already said in a thread somewhere, don't remember when nor which, but:

Stunning synth, horrible support.

It's really a shame yes, cause the synth is just amazing. A pure texture maker and a very fun and easy going granular synth.
When buying it, don't worry about the quality of the synth, it truly delivers, just don't expect a solid and constant support.

could still be worse. the current version is actually pretty stable so i don't see any "need" to hear from tom regularly. but i don't have a closer relationship to him either, might make things different i guess

Sim.Sky wrote:i don't see any "need" to hear from tom regularly

of course not, but that's a world away from having your emails ignored. he totally ignored a 'pm' i sent him some months back, which made me wary to buy in :shrug:

zerocrossing wrote: Wait, you expect someone to respond to every email from every yahoo who's submitting some patches? If he wasn't responding to a valid support request, I'd understand, but I'd take his silence as he doesn't give a sh!t about your patches and nothing more.
bingo.

wag has been banging on about these presets like he's the second coming of christ or something, and this is his first holy sacrament for the great unwashed masses... if only the dev would make it happen.

I mean, the net is awash with free file depositories ... why wag can't just upload them there, in the supposed spirit of community (as opposed to self-promotion and bragging rights), is beyond me.

wagtunes wrote: Okay, first of all, you know nothing about our relationship so shut the hell up.

For your information, I was one of the beta testers. I was the one responsible for him implementing the functionality of embedding the wave files inside the patches themselves to make them more portable. Without my help, that synth wouldn't be where it is today.

So before you open your big fat mouth, how about knowing what the hell you're talking about.

first of all, we're all beta testers.

second of all the dev is responsible for implenting monolith presets - not you.

thirdly, don't be so quick to pat yourself on the back for that one. Monolith presets are a sampler norm ... it was an inevitability. especially for something still in development.

Take it easy guys. We're just talking about whole grains here, after all!

Personally, while beta testing I've contacted him several times for either questions or bug reports, without any response. I don't personally care, it's his product and he can manage his buisness the way he wants but I agree he's not the most reachable dev around. He even apologized few time for that, so he's aware of his own lack of support. But I'm also aware that the guy a lonely wolf too, taking care of everything all by himself. Tough job to do for sure...

Uploading them, which I have no trouble doing, isn't so easy. Because of the size (wave files embedded) no free service will accept them and I'm not paying hosting just to give away something for free.

The entitlement mentality around here is amusing to say the least.

Not unexpected, but amusing.

Neon Breath wrote:Personally, while beta testing I've contacted him several times for either questions or bug reports, without any response.
Granular synths and supportive devs seem not to match too well, M-RGT PsyGen is another AWOL case

wagtunes wrote:Uploading them, which I have no trouble doing, isn't so easy. Because of the size (wave files embedded) no free service will accept them and I'm not paying hosting just to give away something for free.
not sure what kind of services you mean by that, but there's plenty you could use this for - dropbox, google drive, onedrive, mediafire, mega - don't see the problem here :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”