Jean michel Jarre VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Jean Michel Jarre endorses the OP-1:

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/magazine/jarre-synth

:party: Congratulations Teenage Engineering :party:

Jean Michel Jarre has endorsed at least five keytar models,
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2010/f ... und-keytar

Strange how talent combined to success can generate jealousy in certain simple minds ... :phones:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Jean Michel Jarre endorses cheap plastic watches:

:party: Congratulations Swatch :party:

Can somebody please tell me what the point of all this is?

wagtunes wrote:Can somebody please tell me what the point of all this is?

Counteracting another XILS spamvertising campaign by Mr. Lotuzia.

why are you asking this silly question and NOT out buying everything Jean Michel Jarre is endorsing?
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Frantz wrote:

Counteracting another XILS spamvertising campaign by Mr. Lotuzia.
The guy simply can't stand it when he sees Xils-Lab in a post, and he denies Xils-Lab, or people who support it, to say the Jean-Michel Jarre loves the MiniSyn'X and the Xils 4 for instance. And now that they see that Jarre supports Xils-Lab, they just associate him with the bashing. The other guy, you can see him in every Xils related thread, he can't live without Xils. So no need to comment that further.

So, standard bashing made by people who take democracy to its summit and think they own kvr, and can prevent those they dislike to speak. Well, if anything else, they'll draw even more attention to Xils-Lab than the humble me.

It has happened with other companies like Tone 2, or Ik Multimedia etc. I suppose these people have the feeling to strongly exist while doing that.

Well, at least that's how I see it. :shrug:

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I guess JMJ is as bad as Jordan Rudes is with endorsing anything and everything.
Last edited by quantum7 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

layzer wrote:
why are you asking this silly question and NOT out buying everything Jean Michel Jarre is endorsing?
Well I just looked at a dictionnary before posting this : Endorsing has different meanings.

So if it means supporting Xils-Lab because he likes the synthesizers, its yes.
If it means beeing paid to do so, its a simple no. :shrug:

Lotuzia wrote: The guy simply can't stand it when he sees Xils-Lab in a post
Actually I just get tired of you inserting XILS commercials into every thread. Your XILS Ramses commercial in The Drop thread was especially obnoxious.

It's also funny to see all the crap that Jarre endorses.

I've really tried to like Xils stuff, but for the life of me their synths sound so "meh" to my ears. Obviously people like them and the company seems to be thriving, but I've tried the demos on many occasions and cannot get excited for some reason. Perhaps it is just the style of music that I personally like playing when I've demoed them, I don't know. I'm going to demo the flagship Xils 4 one final time this week and really do my best to keep an open mind. :)

quantum7 wrote:I've really tried to like Xils stuff, but for the life of me their synths sound so "meh" to my ears. Obviously people like them and the company seems to be thriving, but I've tried the demos on many occasions and cannot get excited for some reason. Perhaps it is just the style of music that I personally like playing when I've demoed them, I don't know. I'm going to demo the flagship Xils 4 one final time this week and really do my best to keep an open mind. :)
I think your problem with them is simply you're not into what they're emulating. For me, they're old school Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk synths and that's what I love. Well, it's one of the things I love. I can also get into the supersaw stuff and the atmospheric stuff and soundscapes stuff and the additive synth stuff and so on. But their synths have a very definite vibe going back to the 70s and 80s. They are not "modern" synths.

So yeah, if you're not really into old retro that isn't mini moog and Prophet 5, you're probably not going to go for their synths.

I just made a short demo of Syn-X today and fell in love with the thing after I saw what it could do with voicing. Yeah, it's a lot of work to get that sound. You can't just flip a few switches and turn a few dials. Voice programming can be a total bitch. But that's what Syn-X, as an example, excels at.

Curious. What synths DO you like? I'm going to guess maybe stuff like U-he or maybe even Dune 2 or Sylenth1? Maybe Serum? They're certainly on the other end of the spectrum. What do you think about Spectral? That synth can make some pretty modern and unusual sounds.

Anyway, like I said, just curious.

quantum7 wrote: Image
LOL, literally! Thanks!

Both great composer/players, and much love and admiration, but...

Jarre showed impeccable taste in endorsing Charlotte Rampling and Anne Parillaud, however.

Return to “Instruments”