Jean michel Jarre VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

But as usual: To get the Jarre sound your have to add some FX (Jarre used Smallstone
phaser and EHMX Mistress Flanger).

And Jarre's RMI was a custom model with real ADSR envelopes.

I guess someone already mentioned SuperWave Synths Equinoxe. I just ordered it this weekend, so it was in my mind.

I don't really feel like looking back through the last 12 pages of posts to confirm. :)
http://www.superwavesynths.co.uk/product_equinoxe.htm

Equinoxe is a powerful virtual analogue synthesizer dedicated to recreating the works of Jean Michel Jarre.

Jarre used an amazing range of powerful analogue synthesizers including instruments by Arp, Korg, Moog, Oberheim, Roland, Sequential Circuit, Yamaha and many more. These days, it would be nearly impossible to build such a vast collection of instruments and it would cost a fortune! The SuperWave Equinoxe can accurately replicate the sounds used to create Jarre’s classic works such as Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields and Rendez-Vous. We supply a full range of presets and a selection of tracks in Cubase and MIDI file formats demonstrating the accuracy achieved by this powerful musical instrument. Equinoxe 4 and Magnetic Fields 2 are supplied with the trial version and 12 additional tracks are supplied via email when purchased. The SuperWave Drums Bundle is also provided free of charge when purchasing the Equinoxe synthesizer.

Equinoxe is a very powerful and versatile instrument and can be used for any type or genre of music. It features much of the technology used in the Ultimate synth, but has been modified to enable the creation of sounds and effects of the analogue synthesizers used by Jarre. Equinoxe is capable of huge leads, pads, strings, basses and sound effects. Powerful features include the Ultimate Oscillator which has a total of 16 fully programmable oscillators. All the oscillators can have their own individual settings which include Waveform, Level and Pan. All 16 oscillators on the Ultimate Oscillator can also be detuned and stereo spread from a single control which makes programming oscillator stacked sounds a breeze. The Equinoxe features four thirty-two step Sequencers, an Arpeggiator and Multi-Effects which include Tone Control, Chorus, Phaser, Delay, Reverb and Limiter with Drive.

Equinoxe is the only synthesizer dedicated to the works of Jean Michel Jarre!

There are two versions of the Equinoxe available, the Equinoxe and the Equinoxe Extreme HD Edition.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

thanks for SuperWave Synths Equinoxe, i don't know this plug before i see your post.
+ de 500 Tutoriels MAO :

http://www.tuto-mao-guitare.com

tutomao wrote:thanks for SuperWave Synths Equinoxe, i don't know this plug before i see your post.
:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

bedjka wrote:Hi
i am looking for a vst synth which would reproduce this kind of sound
(oxygene)
Thanks

Jean michel Jarre was a BIG fan of the ELKA by Synthex, which the Xils-Lab miniSyn'X emulates.
The emulation does make some nice Jarre-ish sounds.

Worth checking out. :)

..on the RMI:
More than an exact VST/AU replica I would like any existing softsynths preset or even better , guidance on how to reproduce two of the most iconic sounds of the RMI: the Oxygene IV chorus sound and the Oxygene part V bass sequencer sound.
stoca

PatchAdamz wrote:
(oxygene)
Thanks

Jean michel Jarre was a BIG fan of the ELKA by Synthex, which the Xils-Lab miniSyn'X emulates.

Huge JMJ fan- tried out the Xils and, to me at least, it didn't sound at all like the real Elka...very disappointed. Xils used the Elka hype to sell it IMO. I bought the Vintage Vault from UVI and their Elka version was the best I've heard so far....not perfect, but a few of the patches are dead-on Jarre-used Elka patches.

stoca01 wrote:..on the RMI:
More than an exact VST/AU replica I would like any existing softsynths preset or even better , guidance on how to reproduce two of the most iconic sounds of the RMI: the Oxygene IV chorus sound and the Oxygene part V bass sequencer sound.
stoca
i did that respective rmi chorus sound as a replica in my free synth1 soundset.
you can download it here on kvr in the downloadsection...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

quantum7 wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:
(oxygene)
Thanks

Huge JMJ fan- tried out the Xils and, to me at least, it didn't sound at all like the real Elka...very disappointed. Xils used the Elka hype to sell it IMO. I bought the Vintage Vault from UVI and their Elka version was the best I've heard so far....not perfect, but a few of the patches are dead-on Jarre-used Elka patches.
finally someone who dares to say it - the xils version to me also sounds _nothing_ like an elka synthex.
i worked a long time with the original and i loved it for its warm sound, its ensemble fx and the very smooth, almost cheesy filters - all of which to my ears did not even come close to the real thing in the xils version...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:
stoca01 wrote:..on the RMI:
stoca
i did that respective rmi chorus sound as a replica in my free synth1 soundset.
Ah, thanks ! Unfortunately I'm a Logic pro X user and to my understanding synth1 does not work in LPX as it's 32bit....

any hint on how to get the sound, even in synth 1, so I can try to reprogram in Es2 will be immensely appreciated!

brok landers wrote:...... - the xils version to me also sounds _nothing_ like an elka synthex.
i worked a long time with the original and i loved it for its warm sound, its ensemble fx and the very smooth, almost cheesy filters - all of which to my ears did not even come close to the real thing in the xils version...
Here's a video with the real sound of the Synthex. I choose it because it has no additional FX etc like those you find in numerous other Synthex sounds here and there on Youtube or similar sources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk2yrnB-BSM

As I spent a lot of time on the MiniSyn'X, all I can say is that I'm convinced one can replicate any of these sounds with a lot of accuracy. Anyway, anyone can try the MiniSynx demo and decide.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Just a little story. I was in a studio with a Synthex, and what would become Xils Syn'X, and Paul Wiffen, The Man who was the sound designer who created the Synthex factory library, and introduced it to JMJ, Stevie Wonder, Emmerson etc etc.

And we made some blind tests. I was playing some parts on the Synthex, then on the Syn'X. In many presets, Paul decided he could not say what was the Synthex or the Syn'X. Then that a lot of the sounds sounded quasi identical. We noticed some differences on certain presets though : On double mode the sounds with the double Chorus. And those that were using Pwm CrossMod + Sync, on the attack stage and, a bit less, on the cross mod *flow* ( But we never found a real difference on the filter side for example ). I think that with the enhanced algorithms of the MiniSyn'x, wich I believe will also be present in the Syn'X 2 according to Xils-Lab, they made a good job, and that the differences on those presets would be much less.

I would rate Paul opinion higher than any other musician or real Synthex user, except JMJ or S. Wonder, because this guy really have the Golden Ears. And experience too. ( Btw my friend at Spectrasonics who lended us the Synthex had a similar opinion fwiw ).

And well, that's the end of the little story :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Here is some great footage of the man live with all his synths:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su6MRe95FA8

brok landers wrote:
quantum7 wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:
(oxygene)
Thanks

finally someone who dares to say it - the xils version to me also sounds _nothing_ like an elka synthex.
very interesting... of course, thats the beauty of doing a emu of something virtually no one owns, who's gonna know the difference :hihi:

brok landers wrote:i did that respective rmi chorus sound as a replica in my free synth1 soundset.
You mean the Bigtone preset #7 oxygene c-part?

That's not the best replication of this sound I've heard. :wink:

I think synth1 is not a good choise for this.

Return to “Instruments”