Best and worst DAWs?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Your Mum v2.5.6

Incredibly cheap, often on offer in the Marketplace, supports a vast amount of plugins and surprisingly light and mobile despite the age and obvious amount of bloat.

Merry F**king Christmas

robojam wrote:Merry Christmas everyone!

(Thought I'd start on a high note before this thread goes downhill) :hihi:
Incredible :lol:

Went 2 pages before it went a teensy weensy bit south :hihi:
fandango wrote:Your Mum v2.5.6

Incredibly cheap, often on offer in the Marketplace, supports a vast amount of plugins and surprisingly light and mobile despite the age and obvious amount of bloat.

Merry F**king Christmas
:lol:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

so far, we are doing great. no name-calling or bloodshed. cats, anyone?
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

I would say....beehive here. :wheee:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I like using Ableton live for all my sound sketches, but I also like using Apple logic.

I don't really stick to just one DAW anymore, I like using different ones for their strengths.

Ableton live is awesome for sketching out a track using midi loops which can have automation changes per clip. This makes mixing the track so much fun because you can literally play your track like a DJ and remix it however you want.

Apple Logic is much different, and I've found it a bit slower to compose in, still I really like the mixer in that so what I sometimes like to do is import stems from Live and mix it in logic.

I've demoed Bitwig and find it's quite easy to use and i think the PDC stuff that plagues live is under control in bitwig, so for future stuff that requires PDC accuracy i'll probably be using Bitwig. I'm still keeping ableton for making ambient stuff in as it's extremely intuitive and fun to use.

As for worst, well I don't think there is a worst. Each one is powerful and it boils down to the user..

People who fight over which DAW is the best really have too much time on their hands. Just make music and enjoy the ride :)
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
People who fight over which DAW is the best really have too much time on their hands. Just make music and enjoy the ride :)
Damn straight man! :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

fandango wrote:Your Mum v2.5.6

Merry F**king Christmas
late entry for 'post of the year' :hihi:

The Best DAW is the one you make the most use out of and make music with and enjoy using .
The Worst DAW is the one that you struggle with or gets in the way of your creativity and end up forgetting that creative spark that made you fire it up in the 1st place .

The answer is obviously Pro Tools.

Babya Logic

is it the worst or it's best one ?

Best and Worst = Ableton Live. Best clip launcher, worst linear sequencer.

The best: Logic.

tooneba wrote:Best and Worst = Ableton Live. Best clip launcher, worst linear sequencer.
Nah. Renoise is an even worse linear sequencer.

Worst - Sonar and Studio One, pretty much equally. When a DAW is unstable and unreliable, forces you to worry about keeping it alive instead of making music, who cares what features it has?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”