PPG WaveMapper 2

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The new PPG WaveMapper 2 plugin by Wolfgang Palm has the VPC (Voice Per Channel) mode implemented. Just starting to explore the feature set of the synth but looks like a nice step forward from the iPad version and some different features than found in the WaveGenerator. I'll report back after interfacing with the LinnStrument.
Thanks!

Ive been playing with WM2 since release using the Eigenharp, its pretty good… though unfortunately doesn't currently support all 3 axis, just pitch bend, cy and cx.
PPG did make a change for me that you may find useful. there is now a ccl_vpc.txt file in the system directory which allows you to specify the CC mapping for CX /CY in case the default CC 1 & CC 2 are not good.(i didn't like CC2 as this is generally used for breath control), usually i use CX(==CC3) for pressure (as poly pressure is not supported) and CY (=CC1) for yaw (hmm, i guess up/down for linnstrument)

also be aware poly and VpC mode have CC1/2 = CCX/Y reversed, which confused me initially, you can of course now 'fix' this in the ccl_vpc file.

Id be interested to hear what mappings you find interesting, my favorite so far, as CX= VCA or VCF related (e.g. cutoff) and CY = wave table position mod.

also another good one, is that you can also CC map the mapping grid icons, this can be fun with ribbon strips (or equivalent), when you want to morph between settings, this can make quite dramatic or subtle effects depending on how the grid is setup.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”