October Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I found some of the comments on the post regarding sound quality interesting - one from a self-professed "audiophile" who said that at 320kbit/sec he cannot tell the difference between mp3 and CD quality, and that he actually finds "ultra-audio" to sound worse than bog standard CD quality. To be honest, I am more than happy with the quality of mp3 at 320kbit/sec.

My $0.02
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

I really enjoyed the entries this month, despite not getting around to finish my own track.

I nearly got 1min 20sec done but was a couple of hours too late to submit even that :cry:

The good news is that this segment will slot in to another much longer project I'm working on so all is not lost :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

D.H. Miltz wrote:
Laguna Rising wrote:
D.H. Miltz wrote:Submissions thread is locked, voting thread is up.

Next month:
SELL OUT! (or: SELL THE SIZZLE!)

This month you are asked to submit music for a television advertisement, or the ad itself if you're so inclined (audio only, please). Please tell us what the ad is for in your submission post.
That's cool !

What's the lenghth allowed ? 30-40 secs time-limit ?

Cheers
Usual three minute limit. Might make for some long commercials, but who knows?
Infomercial muzak!

robojam wrote: Infomercial muzak!
{shudder} :help:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

D.H. Miltz wrote:Submissions thread is locked, voting thread is up.

Next month:

This month you are asked to submit music for a television advertisement, or the ad itself if you're so inclined (audio only, please). Please tell us what the ad is for in your submission post.
So you can make track like a commercial, someone speaking about the product plus with music in the background. Or only the music without speaking ?

You can make the track like a commercial with someone speaking about the product. You don't have to, but you're welcome to.
No longer a moderator.

Mmmm....gotta try that idea out....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

folderol,

Thanks for your kind comments in the voting thread. It is good to be back!
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

Thanks folderol and slartibartfast for your comments!

Would this include ads for movies or TV shows?

^I don't see why not.
No longer a moderator.

Sorry, didn't have time to write comments this month, but cheers to those who did. (Welcome back, slarty.)

Interesting how similar in theme a lot of the entries were. I guess the association between the ocean and ambient runs pretty deep. Enjoyable month.

Return to “Music Cafe”