Sampler with start position

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:
zoogoo wrote:nuance i could not do what i wanted. just had that ADSR which stinks for start position selection.
Isn't the start position the 1st draggable orange line?

yes i know you can change the start position with a mouse, but im trying to control it with a midi controller, and u can not assign CC to that orange line. I tried in ableton and XT.

Ah, you didn't say you also wanted to assign it. It seemed to have a nice easy way to set start and end position - maybe worth asking for this in an update?

Surprised it doesn't work like Granite's blue lines though - I can automate them easily enough.

I know for some reason your not into Kontakt but it can do what you want no problems.

Assinging Midi CC to sampe start, or pretty much any other contol is possible - its very powerful. My only gripe is not being able to assign Midi control to "scroll" through samples in the sample editor - sure you can set up "banks" and send program changes ,or pre-load as many samples as you can fit on each key then "transpose" through each sample with midi but this takes quite some prep and it would be nice to just point at a folder and midi learn the "next/prev sample" button and be done! ah well, its still a very good bit of software.

You're mistaken about Directwave. You can absolutely map "Sample Start" to MIDI controllers, including velocity, which is how it is set up on the Dwave program I just called up.

Scaling it to the controller is a different matter. You got MIDI CCs running from 0-127 and a sample that is 152,000 samples long - it's gonna be tough. You may not notice any difference. But that is a programming issue and not an issue of functionality.

SODDI wrote:You're mistaken about Directwave. You can absolutely map "Sample Start" to MIDI controllers, including velocity, which is how it is set up on the Dwave program I just called up.

Scaling it to the controller is a different matter. You got MIDI CCs running from 0-127 and a sample that is 152,000 samples long - it's gonna be tough. You may not notice any difference. But that is a programming issue and not an issue of functionality.

yes, i got direct wave sort of working. how would you program the controller to select a more fine spot on a long sample? is there a midi tool i can use to extend the 0-127 to something finer?

SODDI wrote:Scaling it to the controller is a different matter. You got MIDI CCs running from 0-127 and a sample that is 152,000 samples long - it's gonna be tough.
Why tough? Build-in scaler seems to work alright, just fiddle with it.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Kontakt allows one to do a non-destructive edit of the sample file from the console and is savable.

Im thinking i might need to get back into Reaktor. it had a sampler i liked called Krypt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr-QRWGEEXY

basically it automatically scales between sample banks. I wish there was a sampler VST that did that. Where i could just turn a knob and access 127 different samples.

Zombie Queen wrote:
SODDI wrote:Scaling it to the controller is a different matter. You got MIDI CCs running from 0-127 and a sample that is 152,000 samples long - it's gonna be tough.
Why tough? Build-in scaler seems to work alright, just fiddle with it.

what is this scaler your talking about? is it in direct wave or another vst?

In Directwave, mod amount in mod matrix.

If you like to shuffle sample banks, Kontakt can do fun stuff with scripting.

zoogoo wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
zoogoo wrote:nuance i could not do what i wanted. just had that ADSR which stinks for start position selection.
Isn't the start position the 1st draggable orange line?

yes i know you can change the start position with a mouse, but im trying to control it with a midi controller, and u can not assign CC to that orange line. I tried in ableton and XT.
If you have Live you can do this with Sampler and Simpler ...

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep13/a ... h-0913.htm

TAL is coming out with a sampler soon (TAL Sampler I guess), which I'll bet anything will have fully automatable everything.

"creative options"
http://www.xoxos.net/vst/element.zip
try stoooner vst for percussion samples.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

You sure know how to kill a thread by releasing a new plugin for free? Look at the crowd, they just can't keep themselves from cheering.

One question about it though, what kind of samples does it accept? It seems it doesn't accept everything I throw at it, and I haven't looked into what's the common factor there, and I'd rather not even look into that.

A lot of fun, must say. It took me a while to find out how to shift pitch just slightly (not that it's quite clear on the interface right there <facepalm>). Nicely complements stoooner/adze.

edit:

ahh, it's not new, and fair enough about what kind of samples it will load: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/element ... os/details

Return to “Instruments”