UVI.net releases Vintage Vault and...

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vintage Vault

I can upgrade for $250 but I only need these 6 items:
I'm only missing these titles:

Ultramini ( I have minimonsta)
Waverunner
Emulation II
UVX-10P
UVX-3P
String machines (I have VSM)

Do you think it is worth it?

tdm71 wrote:I can upgrade for $250 but I only need these 6 items:
I'm only missing these titles:

Ultramini ( I have minimonsta)
Waverunner
Emulation II
UVX-10P
UVX-3P
String machines (I have VSM)

Do you think it is worth it?
If you live in the US, you can get UltraMini for $50:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/UVI-UltraMi ... 3712899.gc

Hey, after a new attempt, I finally got Synth Legacy download at MF :party:
The key to success was:

open an account
enter a credit card as default payment option
add item to cart
checkout using credit card
enter CC authorization code (3 digits)
done !

Every other way (PayPal, entering credit card data during checkout) failed as described a few postings above.

Ginsonic wrote:Hey, after a new attempt, I finally got Synth Legacy download at MF :party:
Cool :tu:

So what do you think of it so far?

Ginsonic wrote:Hey, after a new attempt, I finally got Synth Legacy download at MF :party:
The key to success was:

open an account
enter a credit card as default payment option
add item to cart
checkout using credit card
enter CC authorization code (3 digits)
done !

Every other way (PayPal, entering credit card data during checkout) failed as described a few postings above.
I managed to buy it via Paypal. I added a 2nd fake adress (new york) and got the serial a few hours later.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

OK, so what do you guys think about the product now after you managed to buy it.

The goal wasn't to buy it, but to utilize it, right?

Numanoid wrote:The goal wasn't to buy it, but to utilize it, right?
What ? Really :-o ?
:D
Numanoid wrote:OK, so what do you guys think about the product now after you managed to buy it.
Unfortunately I had not much time yet, but I will report ASAP.

Very happy with SL !
Fast loading times, a huge amount of really nice sounds, a real bargain IMHO.
BTW: Bought VV too :wink:

I'm also very happy with it :tu:

A couple of things I would have liked to see though is that the paches could have been listed by synth also, and not only by type of synthesis.

I particulary like the Andromeda patches, so it would for example have been nice to see all patches from Andromeda in one list.

I also find the LFO a bit random, it doesn't quite respond as I'm used to in other VSTs

I also bought this during the extended offer, $250 (well, actually it's $299 with tax :() is great value considering what some of these products originally went for, and it's even less in euros...

A few comments and a question:

I've only touched the surface, but overall, it seems great. There are a ton of goodies in there, a LOT of usable sounds for various production needs. With Komplete, Korg Legacy and this (plus my hardware synths) I think I'm all set software-synth-wise for a long time.

There are some sounds, especially the dated Emulator 80's stuff, that one might struggle to find a reasonable use for. I also still don't understand why UVI has decided to include a Phaser in the GUI and as the "default" modulation effect on the sounds, when a sweet Chorus would be a much more suitable choice for FM, for example. Yes, you can easily add new effects behind the 'fx' tab, but it's still an extra nuisance.

I also wonder if UVI could implement a tag-based approach like NI, instead of the bass/bells/etc folder style.

Question: is there a quick(er) way to audition sounds? I haven't been able to map the arrow keys to a MIDI controller, I take it this is impossible? It doesn't help that the sounds are in folders/categories - although this makes them easy to find.

why isn't Synths Anthology integrated, with this product the collection would be more attractive

sacer wrote:why isn't Synths Anthology integrated, with this product the collection would be more attractive
I wondered that too, at first, but Synths Anthology is really just a no-frills sample library while everything in the Vintage Vault is an "instrument" with a scripted UI. The Anthology just doesn't fit in.

The content of Synths Anthology is great (and they used a bit of it in the recent Synth Legends thing for Guitar Center). There's a lot of really solid stuff in there. It's just a different kind of product that doesn't reflect UVI's current production values in terms of total experience- in my opinion anyway.

For you that bought Vintage Vault - what do you think about it now after a couple of months? Getting much use compared to soft synths/other libraries?

I'm VERY tempted to buy the Vintage Vault which is on sale at GC for $399.....which seems like a real steal at that price, but I'm surprised I haven't read more comments about it from VV users here at KVR.

I Got VV 6 Month back, very easy to use, nice GUIs, Lots of Nice samples, NOT so Munch tweaking, more like a rompler.
- a fine Walk Down The synth/sampler Memory Laine :-)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”