Komplete 10 Date - Oct. 1 2014

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It wont be Maschine oriented, It will be completely separate, why give you Maschine when they can sell you the keys and then sell you Maschine hahaha
Duh

noiseboyuk wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:An expander (smaller footprint) and 76 / 88 key versions could be viable.
How many of the current EDM crop needs 7 octaves to express themselves?
Not many, but there's still a) stage use and b) serious sample library users (and we absolutely don't all want weighted keys).

Anyway, with the extra real estate to get serious control on there, it would soon be lust-worthy for the edm set
Agreed, these days not everyone who buys Komplete wants to produce electronic/dance music. For example they've really been expanding into the film/TV composer territory for a while with Rise and Hit, Evolve+Mutations1+2, Damage, Action Strikes, Action Strings etc and their range of drums, bass guitars and rock keys is great for people who want to do pop/rock as well. A lot of their libraries like the Abbey Road drummer series are mapped to use almost the entire key range of an 88 key controller, and I think any user who's interested in playing the new pianos would love 88 keys.

For me, I'm not interested in anything with less than 88 keys. Even if I only need that full range 10% of the time, there's no harm in the extra keys being there when I don't need them but it would really frustrate me to not have that extra range when I do need it. That said it would take a very full featured keyboard to tempt me over what I've got already (give me a controller with 88 semi-weighted keys, aftertouch, expression pedals, ribbon controller, touch OSC, drum pads and dozens of assignable knobs and faders :-) )

On a side note, I'm really curious about the new pianos - they have a similar interface to the Giant, meaning Galaxy may be behind them.

Lode_Runner wrote:That said it would take a very full featured keyboard to tempt me over what I've got already (give me a controller with 88 semi-weighted keys, aftertouch, expression pedals, ribbon controller, touch OSC, drum pads and dozens of assignable knobs and faders :-) )
And that kind of full-featuredness would also have a fully featured price that just wouldn't work for many people, and the circle closes again and repeats itself...

Mr Evil makes a fair point about cost. In truth, separate keyboards and controllers make more practical sense. Combining them - as Kontrol does - is inevitably going to be a halfway house. It looks like a good option compared with existing products, but certainly no game changer.

For a keyboard, I just want an 88es but built properly. But for a controller, I want 40-50 knobs. The answer really is the iPad - build hardware around it so you have your custom display for each plugin centrally, and all the feedback for the knobs round the edge of the screen, if you get my drift.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

EvilDragon wrote:
Lode_Runner wrote:That said it would take a very full featured keyboard to tempt me over what I've got already (give me a controller with 88 semi-weighted keys, aftertouch, expression pedals, ribbon controller, touch OSC, drum pads and dozens of assignable knobs and faders :-) )
And that kind of full-featuredness would also have a fully featured price that just wouldn't work for many people, and the circle closes again and repeats itself...
I know I'm asking way too much with that wish list, hence the smile which would have been better as a wink, because I was half-joking knowing it was an unreasonable request. Basically saying that as a Kontakt using composer (rather than dance music producer) the things in Komplete that interest me often require 88 keys and I'd be frustrated with anything less, although having expressed that I had to add that in my case it's a moot point because even if they offered that I still wouldn't want another keyboard controller - it's those other control options that I don't have.

EvilDragon wrote:[And that kind of full-featuredness would also have a fully featured price that just wouldn't work for many people, and the circle closes again and repeats itself...
I'm pretty sure that a weighted keyboard costs more to make than an unweighted keyboard or even a semi-weighted keyboard. It would sure cost less to ship being structurally lighter. And making it a pure MIDI keyboard with no audio and would save even more. Crap, just give me a good 88-key unweighted or semi-weighted (my preference, like the old DX7's) velocity-sensitive keyboard with controllers and mono/poly AT, and I could do the rest and more with an Arduino... :hihi:

The only off-the-shelf available 88-key unweighted keyboard is FATAR TP-7BA, it seems...

http://www.fatar.com/Pages/TP_7BA.htm

Never played on it, but supposedly Nord Modular uses these.

EvilDragon wrote:The only off-the-shelf available 88-key unweighted keyboard is FATAR TP-7BA, it seems...

http://www.fatar.com/Pages/TP_7BA.htm

Never played on it, but supposedly Nord Modular uses these.
No it's probably the other models because the 7BA has no AT and none of the Nord synths are 88-keys. If the problem is doing AT over 88-keys, then going Poly could solve that problem.

But I really feel guilty for hijacking this thread. I'm not going to post about this anymore here... :oops:

AT is just a pressure strip that can easily be added to any keybed, really... Probably done by Fatar at Clavia's request. Going poly AT of course raises the cost of keybed a lot.

7BA WAS used on Nord Modular AFAIK, but lesser number of keys, of course. See the options in which sizes it's available.

Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Set the clock for September 2, 2014!

Dagnammit, they bumped it a day just to spite me and my brilliant date prediction.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Numanoid wrote:Set the klock for September 2, 2014!
FTFY.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Set the klock for September 2, 2014!
FTFY.
:tu: :D

cryophonik wrote:
loachm wrote:PS. ...why the fuss about the Kontakt libraries and Reaktor ensembles? Kontakt and Reaktor are NI'S flagship products (they made it abundantly clear)...
I would add Maschine as a flagship product. I think (hope) that these new controllers are a step in the same direction, where the hardware controller has very tight integration with NI's software instruments.
...you're right, but I meant within the Komplete range and I took it as a given in this thread. To be totally picky here. according to their website, NI has three product lines - Komplete, Maschine & Traktor with Reaktor and Kontakt, Maschine Studio and Traktor Kontrol S4 as their respective flagship products. It used to be Komplete Line, Kore Line, Traktor Line and Guitar Line a few years ago IIRC...:)

Return to “Instruments”