Help!!! I've lost my organs!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know when it happened, maybe after the last update of ST2, but a lot of the organs in the Sonic Synth samples produce no sound. I've tried re-installing the sounds, re-installing ST2, and re-installing CubaseSX2. I'm running the latest version of all pieces of software.

I don't use organs that much so I don't know exactly when the problem started. Anyone else getting this?

This may help -- when I load a "problem" organ sample, the two left knobs (usually labeled "attack" and "release") have no labels and are set to 0. If I move the knobs, sound plays but won't release until I select another patch.

Thx,

C

Uh....hello?

Sounds like you may have to download the update again and try that first. Macro problems may have to do with that. Let us know! You can also talk to IK tech support about getting into more details with your system etc. but I have a feeling it is not that, just an update issue.

However, there are some problems with Sonic Synth 1 sounds (a few of them) inside ST2. We'll collect which ones and put up a patch to fix it for you guys.

I have just had a similar problem with some of my ST2 sounds namely the two patches in the ethnic folder under Sitar and Inian Flute. Using the 2.06 VST I now get a message that it cannot find the Sitar.stw file...

These opened fine a few weeks back. I have reinstalled all of my ST2 sounds twice still it won't open even if I go back to vs 2.05.

I am on a Carillon Pc P4 2,4 GHz 1GB RDRAM WinXP Pro SP1 OS. Aardvark DirectPro 24/96 sound card.

Gordon

OK I have discoverd the culprit. A few days back I had reinstalled SampleTank 1 along with the L soundset. I noticed that those ST2 sounds that were no longer loading (I have since found quite a few others that were affected) pointed to patches in the ST1 XL folder that I had reinstalled. By removing the whole ST1 L soundset I restored he ability of ST2 to play the Rthnic sounds as well as many of the electronic kits and various other patches.

The question I have now is how I install the ST1 L sound set with out interferring with ST2 patch recognition?

Thanks,
Gordon

cfurlin wrote:" Help!!! I've lost my organs!"
:shock: :-o :-o :-o :-o

This sounds serious. I'd call emergency. But since you're online: http://www.webmd.com

Sorry, I could not resist. I cracked up when I saw the subject line. C'mon. It's a musicians site. We should always maintain a sense of humor! Losing one's organs is pretty serious stuff. I did wait until people stepped in to help. Forgive me cfurlin. Hopefully your organs are back and you can have a laugh at the unintentional double meaning of the post's subject line.

- eDrummist

Beardedone wrote: ... how I install the ST1 L sound set with out interferring with ST2 patch recognition?
Am I right in thinking that for each preset which has the same name as a preset in ST2, that all you have to do is rename the trio of files which make up that preset? (maybe by adding "_1L" to it, just before the suffix?)
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Sounds like a way to me. Can anyone answer this? I may try it if I have time.

eDrummist wrote:
cfurlin wrote:" Help!!! I've lost my organs!"
:shock: :-o :-o :-o :-o

This sounds serious. I'd call emergency. But since you're online: http://www.webmd.com

Sorry, I could not resist...
It also sent a chill down my spine and brought to mind images of unsuspecting tourists waking up the day after in Thailand in bathtubs of icewater with fresh surgical wounds and an organ or two missing...:scared:

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”