Torch - 2-string options

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I bought Torch, love it, but was honestly shocked to discover that an electric guitar library wouldn't allow for 2-string power chord variations. The built-in ones are great, but when you want that lower heavier sound I found no way to either mute the third string in the chord or select a power chord preset that only has two strings.

In the meantime, what i had to do was make a copy of the entire torch directory, take out all of the samples from strings 3 thru 6, and basically make it think it only had two strings. i got the sound, but this just seemed like maybe i was going around the world to get next door.

Did i miss something obvious that I could have done? If not, will this ever be included in an update (the ability to mute strings in a chord)? when?

Thank you so much for great sounding products and great prices!

Thank-you for the kind comments on Torch. You have hit upon the most requested improvement to Torch.

The new version (coming this summer) of the StrumMaker engine will allow you to choose which strings are active, which are muted, and will allow you to enter the notes directly on the the fretboard instead of the current pull-down menus. So you will be able to choose from 1 to 6 strings. Also, you will be able to edit any chord (in it's location on the Variation Knob), which effectively gives you 144 custom chord locations instead of 12! The new script is under construction and these features seem to be working well. Several more improvements will be included, also.

The plan is to update Torch and Acoustic Guitar Collection this summer, and use the new engine for future products later this year.

BTW, I admire your tenacity and creativity in finding a solution to the problem that worked for you.

TC

That's great news. Another Torch and Acoustic Guitar Collection user that is looking forward to these improvements.

Thanks!

With the announcement of StrumMaker IV, does this mean that Torch and Acoustic Guitar Collection are going to get the upgrade soon?
Check out my latest single Hostile Takeover

My original plan was to make a few improvements to StrumMaker 3 and update Torch and AGC with the improved engine. Instead I started from scratch with the script, and started experimenting with sampling methods and new guitars and... well, one thing led to another and a new product came first. The lure of recording a new acoustic guitar proved too much for me! I hope everyone can give me a pass on this one.

SM4 will be priced like our other products, about the same as dinner for 2 at a decent restaurant. And I hope that all of our customers will feel that they've gotten much more than they paid for.

I do plan to update the older guitars, especially AGC, but it will probably be early next year. Today I'm just trying to get SM4 tested and released!

My plan with SM4 is to sample more guitars and create "refills" that integrate into the new strum engine, eventually creating a new acoustic guitar collection. One option might be to use the original AGC guitars as one of those refills.

Well, SM4 seems to be ready, so tomorrow I'm getting up early, doing a video demo, and getting the download ready. I hope you all will check it out.
Thank-you for your support!

TC

Return to “Indiginus”