FR: Button to disable midi note output for a track (SOLVED)

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are 4 tracks in Cream. Each track can respond to the same midi notes if desired. I'd like to use one track at a different tempo dedicated to sending CC data by disabling its "midi note output". That way, I can use one track to send midi notes at 1/16 speed and another track to send CC data a 1/4 speed, and both tracks respond to the same midi notes, just one doesn't send midi notes.

One sends midi notes, one sends CC data. 8)

Thanks!

Architeuthis wrote:There are 4 tracks in Cream. Each track can respond to the same midi notes if desired. I'd like to use one track at a different tempo dedicated to sending CC data by disabling its "midi note output". That way, I can use one track to send midi notes at 1/16 speed and another track to send CC data a 1/4 speed, and both tracks respond to the same midi notes, just one doesn't send midi notes.

Thanks!
Nice idea!
I have to figure out where to put the 'Output only CC' selection.

-Arto

Architeuthis wrote:There are 4 tracks in Cream. Each track can respond to the same midi notes if desired. I'd like to use one track at a different tempo dedicated to sending CC data by disabling its "midi note output". That way, I can use one track to send midi notes at 1/16 speed and another track to send CC data a 1/4 speed, and both tracks respond to the same midi notes, just one doesn't send midi notes.

Thanks!
Great idea!!

A side bonus to this is - kirnu sort of turns into a customisable waveform lfo for cc data.

So its not just an arp anymore (It def wasnt "just" and arp to begin with though :)).

I actually ran into this situation with Ableton the other day -

An application of this feature in Ableton 8/9 is to route midi out from kirnu/Ableton (through an IAC bus on mac for example) and back in, and use midi learn to take control of Abletons effects/gui. And suddenly ableton Live 8 has lfo's for every parameter!!

Definitely cleans up to workflow if you can choose to only send cc data.

Really exciting!

Return to “Kirnu”