plugin detection in ableton live

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,
I have a little problem. Ableton Live seems to be unable to detect all of the hgf plugins. I downloaded all free versions from the website. Everything was working fine on windows vista 64 bit, but on windows xp ableton can't 'see' these plugins. There are no separate 32/63 bit versions, are there? I tried rebooting and reinstalling the plugins with no effect. Please help, I want to have my Avatar and ScapesWizard back! :D Thanks.

Bananovitch wrote:Hi there,
I have a little problem. Ableton Live seems to be unable to detect all of the hgf plugins. I downloaded all free versions from the website. Everything was working fine on windows vista 64 bit, but on windows xp ableton can't 'see' these plugins. There are no separate 32/63 bit versions, are there? I tried rebooting and reinstalling the plugins with no effect. Please help, I want to have my Avatar and ScapesWizard back! :D Thanks.
Sorry, can't really help on this as I've no Ableton installed here, anyway it's also a Win 7 Pc here. However my guess is there should be some feature in a menu for dedicated scanning of external plugin folders. Look at ableton helpfiles for this topic.

hth
HG

Fortune wrote:
Sorry, can't really help on this as I've no Ableton installed here, anyway it's also a Win 7 Pc here. However my guess is there should be some feature in a menu for dedicated scanning of external plugin folders. Look at ableton helpfiles for this topic.

hth
HG
yeah, I already tried that. Ableton manual and forum were not helpful so far. Some people had issues with detecting the plugins, but eventually got the right 32 or 64 bit version of the software and everything worked. I rescanned the vst folder zillion times and the only ones that weren't working were the Avatar, Altair and Scapeswizard. (btw I must say that while working on Vista I had soooo much fun exploring the sonic possibilities of these synths that I'm going to do everything to have them back :D)

Help anyone?

If you want help, you'll have to provide a bit more information, such as the version of Ableton Live you're running on Windows XP. I had Ableton Live 7LE and found it very moody about VST instruments, otherwise I don't know that much about that program.

It could be that VST ID problem. Try installing one of H.G.Fortune's machines, and going into Ableton and rescanning. Does it support only one VST plug-in folder at a time to scan (a "main" folder, usually "C:\program files\vstplugins")? If so, you'll have to install the plug-in in its own folder as a child to the "main" folder.

If you could use one instrument, it's better than using none. Good luck. :)

ONE MORE THING: Check the settings of your Internet security/antivirus software to make sure it doesn't delete a file it thinks is a Trojan. It could choose one of the *.SEM files that a plug-in could dump as it is being scanned by the music program, and if that *.SEM is deleted, then the plug-in would refuse to work. Maybe it's remote for one of H.G.Fortune's synths because he probably never used one of the CK modules, LOL.

Return to “HG Fortune”