Blur

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I am new to Photosounder and I bought my copy few days ago only, so I'm still learning and reading, but I was wondering if there's some kind of a blur tool? To smooth the edges and make them all blured? Or a way to achieve that, other than shipping back my image into Photoshop, blur it then ship it back into Photosounder?)

Thanks! Love the software so far! Very unique sonic possibilities :D

You can do blurring however only on a whole layer (just like with Photoshop's Gaussian Blur or Motion Blur effects). You could separate the part you want to blur although at the moment there is no simple way to do that (although there might be a way to do that in next release which is coming out soon).

As for the blurring itself, for a blurring in all dimensions you must create a new layer above the one you want to blur, paint a dot with the white spray tool as large as you want your blur to be, set this layer to Convolution and merge it down. If you only blur in time then either cut the lower and upper halves of the dot to only leave a thin line or vertically average the dot and set the layer to Horizontal Propagation.

EDIT : Yeah, there's definitely a way to do it in next release. Basically I made a small script so that you have your layer you want to separate, on top of it you create a layer where the white is what you want on another layer and the black is what you want to stay on the bottom layer, then you load the script and it does the separation.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

Thanks for the reply and the info!

Return to “Photosounder”