DIVA Extended New Photo and Explanation

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

Some basic information on DIVA Extended...

.2 CD set :D
.up to a two octave range
.3 variations of straight tone length before vibrato - 1 second, 2 second and 4 seconds.
.Straight tone unlooped - looped
.Straight tone looped with mod control vibrato or after touch vibrato
.Moving intervals: Root (straight tone) to minor 3rd vibrato, major 3rd vibrato, 5ths vibrato and octave vibrato.
.Staccato vowels
.Key switching schemes

The above is a $49.99 upgrade for DIVA users.
Demos available soon.

Thank you
Francis Belardino
BELA D MEDIA
Last edited by Bela D Media on Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

:P sounds good Francis :)
look forward to placing my order for this :)
The world was not given to you by your parents it is on loan from your children, respect !!!

This will give you a basic overview of an instrument found within DIVA Extended.

Photo of AH Sustained

That's odd. Photo worked in preview.
Anyone see it or know why if you can't?

http://www.beladmedia.com/ah-giga.jpg

Just in case

I see the picture just fine. :)

Strange - I see the red X. Then I "right click" and hit "show photo" and then it's there.

I don't see Ravens photo.

Ok?

Thank you for your help :)

I see the images fine - and am looking forward to it. :D
Houston Haynes

Thanks H3

Bela D Media.com
http://www.beladmedia.com

For those interested in an explanation of the patch layout for that screenshot, here goes:

The first four patches are based on a single performance by the soloist. She sings a straight tone for four seconds and then briefly fades her vibrato in and holds it four another four seconds.

Ah 1s Delayed Vibrato uses a truncated version of the recording, giving 1 second of straight tone before the vibrato establishes.

Ah 2s Delayed Vibrato is similar – but uses 2 seconds of straight tone.

Ah 4s Delayed Vibrato is the full recording

Ah DV Straight Looped is the first half of the recording – the straight tone – looped.

Ah Straight Looped is based on a separate recording by the soloist, in which she holds a straight tone for about 8 seconds. This version is looped.

Ah Straight Unlooped is the full recording by the soloist, in which she holds a straight tone for about 8 seconds.

Ah Straights Layer Lp/Lp uses both the looped versions of the straight tone and the straight tone section of the delayed vibrato recording for an ensemble effect.

Ah Straights Layer Unlp/Lp layers the unlooped straight tones with the looped straight tone section of the delayed vibrato recording.

Ah XF Straight & Vib Switch mw allows the user to switch between the looped straight and vibrato sections of the delayed vibrato patch, From 0-20 the mod wheel will produce a 100% Straight mix. From 21-127 the mod wheel will produce a 100% Vibrato mix.

Ah XF Straight & Vib Mix mw allows the user to crossfade between the looped straight and vibrato sections of the delayed vibrato patch, From 0-20 the mod wheel will produce a 100% Straight mix. From 2o-35 the mod wheel will gradually crossfade from the straight tone to the vibrato tone. At 35 the mix is 100% Vibrato.

Ah XF Straight & Vib Switch mw and Ah XF Straight & Vib Mix mw are identical to the previous ‘mw’ patches, but use aftertouch to control the crossfade.

Ah XF 2 Straights mw Vibrato : Both the looped straight tones and the looped straight section of the delayed vibrato patch are layered. A third layer, the looped vibrato section of the delayed vibrato patch is mixed in as you bring up the mod wheel. For the sake of clarity, the two layers are backed off in level a bit as the wheel hits its peak. They don't disappear. They just move to the background a little.

Ah Slider mw lfo : Both the looped straight tones and the looped straight sections of the delayed vibrato patch are layered. The DV straights are being pitch shifted a tone by envelope 3. As this is a negative shift which starts a tone down and resolves into pitch, it is a pretty nice sound musically. Mod Wheel introduces lfo controlled vibrato on the DV straights only to give a very ensemble effect. Very synth style patch.

Ah Slider XF Vibrato : Similar to Ah Slider mw lfo, but instead of the mod wheel introducing lfo vibrato, it crossfades a third layer - the looped delayed vibrato.

Hope this makes things a little clearer

Cheers
Rick

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”