iphone - noiseio

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

killer subtractive/fm hybrid with 2 op, noise, 2 lfo, and multieffects for iphone:

http://noise.io

has a built in sequencer, kick ass mod matrix, and is fully featured.

not sure where to post this, but since it's an "instrument" ;)

just bought it for $9.99 in app.store

pretty cool interface. quite easy to use.

hey, now you can make music on the move!

Done that with my PSP for years.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Reverse Engineer wrote:hey, now you can make music on the move!
never heard of a laptop? you know, something with a screen you can actually read? :hihi:

Kriminal wrote:
Reverse Engineer wrote:hey, now you can make music on the move!
never heard of a laptop? you know, something with a screen you can actually read? :hihi:
8)

;)

it's quite neat. it's a novelty of course, the interface sucks compared to a computer :)

it's kinda cool to witness a complex interface like noise.io elegantly wrapped up in touch sensitive iphone controls. it sounds pretty damned good for a phone ;)

for real though, what sucks so far is there is no render to wave file function - not a huge deal since we can plug the iphone into a line in and record it like that, but would have been nice. i like the interface. the guy did a smart thing by using a 'ribbon' approach for all controls.

how it works is you give focus to the control you want to adjust and you drag the unified ribbon up or down. for horizontal controls you drag left and right.

the coolest thing about this so far is you can map the ipod motion sensors to anything in the synth using the mod matrix, so suspend that iphone from a piece of string, anchored to a iron bar, and flip it around swinging for some interesting real world chaos modulation :P

otherwise, i'd pass on it. was def worth the $9.99 and is good for killing time.

still i'm going to get a korg ds-10 for the same reason. i hear the ds10 is great.

ymmv

It'll be cool when they have guitar necks that are like iPhone surfaces with full graphics, etc.

I downloaded this tonight and tried to jump right in and jam with the band with it.
definitely gonna have to RTFM with this one, the interface is a bit cryptic.

what I did get out of it sounded pretty cool.
it's worth the $9.99 just to piss off the rest of the band with :hihi:

good news! but what about audio latency?
Physical:23 days,Emotional:28 days,Mental:33 days...what a clock!

latency is there but only a tiny bit.

it's not like other iphone stuff in that regard.

misterg; yeah all you need to learn is click a control, use the ribbon to adjust it. the main/fx screen is also the fm operator matrix, clicking those arrows around the center of B S F and N and adjusting them is how you route oscs -> filter, noise -> oscs, oscs -> oscs, etc. pretty cool design. it's kind of a bummer this is only an iphone synth. but it's fully featured beyond anything that's come before it. it's a real synth.

did you find the manual? it's on the noise.io site when you click help and then there is a tiny text link at the top "download this as pdf".

helps a lot :)

---
Last edited by mztk on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

I picked up this synth today, I also picked up the iphone today. 8) This is a really complex and great sound instrument, it is a total bitch in a basket to edit though, due to the touchscreen and small size. theres a lot going on in there, and although the interface is pretty nice looking, it could have been designed a lot more efficiently.

Anyone have any thoughts on the other iphone synths/drummachines, such as beatmaker or minsynth or any others that I may not be aware of??
'The science of rich men does not elevate all mankind, but only themselves.'
sound cloud

Better image Image
Shane Sanders wrote:It'll be cool when they have guitar necks that are like iPhone surfaces with full graphics, etc.
That would be boss!

Have you guys seen the Iphone hippy flute yet?
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote: Have you guys seen the Iphone hippy flute yet?
Now that think looks trippy! Here's another link: http://www.hypebot.com/hypebot/2008/11/ ... ns-ip.html
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”