Can CMPlay play 'just samples'? How do I create a patch?

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Folks,

Can I load a single WAV file into CMPLay? I'd like to layer up a kick drum the way you would in a sampler, but using CMPlay's nice simple interface. This would mean loading one sample (wav file) into some of the 16 slots available for patches, and setting their midi channel to the same value. Is there any way to do this? Drag and drop sure would be great. I guess this gets around to creating my own patch from raw samples. Can I?

Thanks,

ws

I doubt it, its a rompler so i'd guess we can only use it with their own sample sets

This is correct, CMplay is designed to play the patches provided in the magazine each month. It doesn't have full sampler functionality.

Kind regards
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

Since CMplay supports DS-404, I'd think EXSC, Chicken, or Awave would be a solution. Probably overkill for the OP's needs, however.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

Since CMplay supports DS-404, I'd think EXSC, Chicken, or Awave would be a solution.
CDxtract should also output DS404 files.
Probably overkill for the OP's needs
...but just about the only way you'll get your own samples into CMplay right now.

The developers creating content for CM use Tachyon Studio (http://www.muon-software.com/html/tachyons.html) which is a fully-featured sampler. This software isn't available to retail customers.

Kind regards
Dave

Thanks for everyone for their response - just what I needed to know.

Why would you use CMPlay when you have in the same magazine such an excellent drum sampler player such as SR-202 (by a company I can't recall the name at this moment ... :P )

A little big buggy with most hosts nowadays, but excellent, an absolute must-have. A real pity they (what was their name) have not released a sort of updated revamped (free) 7th anniversary version.

CM customers (and KVR regulars in general) would certainly appreciate it.

Updates for SR202, DS404 etc. were being discussed before CMplay came about, but the eventual decision was taken to invest the money in something new that they could use for many years rather than update ancient plugins. After all, making DS404 into an Audio Unit would never fix the user interface issues.

I did think long and hard about a reskinned SR202, but I just don't think that it would have much of a place in today's market. I don't think we'd be able to sell it, basically.

Kind regards
Dave

Muon Software Ltd wrote:
Since CMplay supports DS-404, I'd think EXSC, Chicken, or Awave would be a solution.
CDxtract should also output DS404 files.
Probably overkill for the OP's needs
...but just about the only way you'll get your own samples into CMplay right now.

The developers creating content for CM use Tachyon Studio (http://www.muon-software.com/html/tachyons.html) which is a fully-featured sampler. This software isn't available to retail customers.

Kind regards
Dave
I would like the amplitude envelope enabled on a *.tcp file, at least. It's kind of ornery, for example, to load every single one of Hattrixx's multisamples into DS404 and edit them, and then have to forego using CMPlay, just so I could make the amplitude envelope release a bit longer or a bit shorter. So far, in COMPUTER MUSIC Issues No. 128 and 129 only with the Groove Criminals' samples and their associated *.tcp files could the amplitude envelope be edited to some extent.

Having to load a single wave file into DS404, saving as *.404 and then loading into CMPlay is fine for me. A bit annoying is the dialog box CMPlay puts out about a multisampled preset file.

Just expressing my opinions. Have a good day everyone. :)

There is no need to do any of that, you can edit any of the available parameters in CMplay very easily.

With a patch loaded, click the label underneath any of the Quick Edit knobs on the main screen. Choose a parameter from the list and edit away.

Details of this, and all the parameters and what they do, can be found in the CMplay manual. It's recommended reading if you want to get the best out of this software.

I'm not sure which dialog you are seeing when you load a DS404 file (resave imported file maybe?) but you can either disable auto-resave of imported files, or switch off minor file warnings in the Option screen. Again, full details are in the manual.

Kind regards
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com

Muon Software Ltd wrote:There is no need to do any of that, you can edit any of the available parameters in CMplay very easily.

With a patch loaded, click the label underneath any of the Quick Edit knobs on the main screen. Choose a parameter from the list and edit away.

Details of this, and all the parameters and what they do, can be found in the CMplay manual. It's recommended reading if you want to get the best out of this software.

I'm not sure which dialog you are seeing when you load a DS404 file (resave imported file maybe?) but you can either disable auto-resave of imported files, or switch off minor file warnings in the Option screen. Again, full details are in the manual.

Kind regards
Dave
Muon Software Ltd
www.muon-software.com
I'm sorry I took a while to return...had to leave. :)

I did read the manual, but I must have overlooked a few things. Nevertheless, thank you for your assistance, Dave. :D

Return to “Muon Software”