ManyGuitar after library move on Mac (Edit: Solved)

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Paul,
I moved my library for MG to an external, and now MG will not open. (crashes Live 7.07 on Mac)
I seem to remember the initial install asking for a library path, and I thought I could just move the library and re-direct MG to find the new location.
I am pretty sure I moved the correct folder (MGSoundset), as ManyBass will load all the sounds no problem.

Do I need to fresh install MG to show it the correct path, or am I overlooking something?

misterg wrote:Hi Paul,
I moved my library for MG to an external, and now MG will not open. (crashes Live 7.07 on Mac)
I seem to remember the initial install asking for a library path, and I thought I could just move the library and re-direct MG to find the new location.
I am pretty sure I moved the correct folder (MGSoundset), as ManyBass will load all the sounds no problem.

Do I need to fresh install MG to show it the correct path, or am I overlooking something?

Hmmm... I'll try to help from the info you provided.

ManyBass and ManyGuitar should share the same soundset folder.
I believe if you have ManyBass setup and working then you should take the folders that are inside that MGSoundset folder and put those folders directly beside the ManyBass folder that is in your existing soundset folder. Eliminate the MGSoundset folder basically. In the end the 6 ManyGuitar folders will all be beside ManyBass folder. A fresh install should also detect it automatically but basically the paths I described above are what is needed.

Sounds like your manual move of the sets made ManyGuitar confused. A proper reinstall of the soundsets and product may help also.

Try those things to start.
Paul

Hi Paul,
Still no luck.
Yes indeed MB and MG share the same folder. I had another MG folder on my old drive that I moved along with the loaded MB folder (I thought MB was reading that folder... it was reading it's own)

All was working fine until I moved the folder to my new external :dog:

I think I may have to re-install MG, so I can point it to the new location.
I can't even get the interface open at this point.

I will send you a PM

BTW... I kinda like using the MG sounds in MB (I like the interface more) :)

There is a way on Mac to delete your preferences files that refer to ManyGuitar so that a new scan will find everything properly. I can't recall at this moment though exactly what to do. Perhaps you know this however?

Paul

manytone wrote:There is a way on Mac to delete your preferences files that refer to ManyGuitar so that a new scan will find everything properly. I can't recall at this moment though exactly what to do. Perhaps you know this however?

Paul
yes I think I can try to figure that out.

that did it Paul :D

best support in the business.

misterg wrote:that did it Paul :D

best support in the business.
Thanks misterg - Glad that sorted it for you.
Enjoy!

Return to “Manytone Music”