Extra Boy Pro 5.01: Silence clip is inserted into audio.

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings:

I recently purchased Extra Boy Pro (version 5.01) and I had it working fine but recently I've been getting a small clip of "silence" inserted (much like the demo) into the start of the audio section being processed. I know I've done a repair install of Windows XP recently so I figured that might be it so I tried doing an uninstall and a reinstall of the setup package for Extra Boy Pro and I'm still having the same problem.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Here is a picture of what is happening:

Any help or support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

~ Rytz

Hmm is that the exact start? It could be that EB adds a couple of ms of latency I think (I could be wrong). You should defiantly contact Paul about this.

L

Betcha Lagrange is right. Is your host not PDC compliant? See http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2132.html.

Please first check that you are indeed using V5.01 (Check the "About" page) and not the demo.

If it is indeed the full version then I have no immediate explanation as to why you didn't notice this before and you do now.

Measure the length of the silence and see if it matches the Latency reported on the About page. If it does then your host is not applying PDC (plug-in delay compensation).

Paul

First off thanks for all of the replies. I appreciate everyones time and support.
Space Boy wrote:Please first check that you are indeed using V5.01 (Check the "About" page) and not the demo.

If it is indeed the full version then I have no immediate explanation as to why you didn't notice this before and you do now.

Measure the length of the silence and see if it matches the Latency reported on the About page. If it does then your host is not applying PDC (plug-in delay compensation).

Paul
I'm running Extra Boy Pro 5.01 and Sound Forge 9.0a as the host. And I should say up front that I haven't been using plug-ins much at all, so I'm not that familiar with them. I can honestly say I've never heard of PDC before.

I have been using Sound Forge avidly (since version 7 I believe) for quite some time so I'm pretty familiar with it but I can't find anything about adjusting / applying the PDC (on the internet or in the documentation).

I don't experience this delay in any other plugin that I've used thus far and the silence (plus a small bit of fade-in that you can't see in the pic) that you see above in the pic is roughly 150 and the latency shown in the about box of Extra Boy Pro is 185.76. So is PDC the culprit?

What are my options?

Thanks again for the time and support of those who replied.

~ Rytz

I just downloaded Del Boy and used tried chaining it with Extra Boy Pro using most of the settings in there and it's not helping. It seems to be adding silence when I want to get rid of it. Am I doing something wrong?

I would also like to clarify that this "silence" that's being inserted isn't technically at the start, it's like .100 after the start of the processed area.

Also, when I preview the effects of the plugins I don't hear the same silence clip. It only happens when I apply the effect. Pretty frustrating :(.

Well I got it working but I had to use Del Boy in conjunction with some other tweaks. I had to copy the section I wanted to process to a new file and append the 371ms to the end of it and then process it so that when Del Boy pushed it forward it wouldn't clip the sound at the end. I also have to remove the beginning silence that Del Boy adds but since it's always 371ms it's not that bad.

Is there an easier way I can resolve this issue or am I stuck with this? Has Sound Forge always been like this?

Thanks again for everyones time and support. Extra Boy Pro is the shiznit :).

~ Rytz

isn't 5.02 the latest? I'm confused. all mine are 5,02

speaking of which, we need an official list of all the latest versions of all the products

ttoz wrote:isn't 5.02 the latest? I'm confused. all mine are 5,02

speaking of which, we need an official list of all the latest versions of all the products
http://www.elevayta.net/news.htm

well, my space boy is 5.02 as well (and you say 5.0 there)

I never get update emails, you told me to just use the original links once, and they all came up as 5.02

Remember when i was having issues? I don't even now if what I am using are betas, or finals, or what

ttoz wrote:well, my space boy is 5.02 as well (and you say 5.0 there)

I never get update emails, you told me to just use the original links once, and they all came up as 5.02

Remember when i was having issues? I don't even now if what I am using are betas, or finals, or what
Just checked my code base. Nope, I didn't release a Space Boy V5.01 or V5.02. Also, Extra Boy Pro is not beyond V5.01.

u r right, since i own all the plugins besides clean boy, i just checked...

spaceboy and feeqboy are V5.0.0

ExtraBoy is 5.01

the rest are all 5.02

sound right?

Return to “Elevayta”