Bass sound ?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Any idea on how to make this bass sound ?
Can't get close at all with pulse/saw filtered...

Tranan bass

Thanks a lot.
Vincent

It looks like a saw with a second oscillator one octave higher. Maybe it's an FM sound...
Anyway, just before 0:04.00 there's a rather clean note you could sample:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Thanks for the tip, but I'm still interested in how it's done!

sounds like a sawtooth wave with some chorus on it w/ a small offset setting

I put this tone together in my x station. no external effects except what's in the x station. the "bite" that you hear in the original example i wasn't able to fully get, but I think some filter enveloping could do the trick. there could have been some final EQing when the song was put together also. here's my attempt at trying to duplicate the tone (ignore the sloppy pattern :) ). if it sounds kinda close i can tell how i did it.

http://www.tonystonebeats.com/sound2.wav

Thanks Stone, but I find the original sound has some kind of plastic, liquid quality which I don't hear in your try.

Vinz wrote:Thanks Stone, but I find the original sound has some kind of plastic, liquid quality which I don't hear in your try.
yea i feel you man. I'm thinking plasticy liquid sound could be by way of some res or filter envelopes...or an aftertouch of mixing (the bass sounds offset on both speakers to enhance the size which is usually done in the mixing stage).

It seems like i've heard this tonal quality strait out of the box before, but I want to try making it, like you.

Yeah, there's definitely some stereo widening or unison going on, but it's not enough. I guess I should check the bass presets on recent vstis ;) Especially since I recognize in the same song a loop straigth from microtonic presets! (luckily it's enough in the background not to spoil the song which I really like otherwise)

Yep, if you set the channels to mono you recognise the detunig between the channels...
I would guess it's a slightly modified version of the lately Bass. Doubled, with stereo spread, detune and quite some compression.
A formant is a preferred resonating frequency of any acoustical system.

"The Juno 60 was often incorrectly referred to as a synth. It is, in fact, a chorus unit with a synth attached." -PAK

mine sounds similar with freq change on filter... :clown:

qwerty nailed it. I built mine in a very similar manner, but I don't have a Nord, and the Nord seems to have a particular sound to it's oscs and filters.
qwerty wrote:crazy resonance :shock:
I guess I overdid the reso a bit. I just love squishy bass, and can't avoid cranking up that reso knob; it's like crack.

Return to “Sound Design”