Will SR-202 ever be released with more different outputs?

Official support for: muon-software.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The question is simple:
Will SR-202 ever be released with more/different outputs? (4 Stereo and 4 mono).

The reason is also simple:
IMO SR-202 is dead simple as a drum sampler. It has Attack and Decay (however I didn't find Sustain and Release) for each pad, and I can add filters on individual samples.

The main disadvantage is the output routing however. I have so many samples on CD here at home that use Stereo samples on kick, on snare, on hats, etc - which form the characteristic of this samplepack. I could fire up Kontakt for that job, but this is total overkill - and I don't have money for Battery 2 or RM IV.

With SR-202 I have my trigger pads right in front of me, and I can throw some FX on it (not as good as RM IV or Battery, if I had them, but still), and with Kontakt I have to load the sample, map it on the proper key, set the filters, etc. This simply slows down and eats a lot of CPU power.

But with Kontakt I can have nearly unlimited ports - stereo and mono, while SR-202 only has 1 stereo and 4 Mono. And this makes it troublesome if you want to add individual FX (compression, reverb, etc) on individual samples, especially if they're stereo right from the start - and IMO Kicks, Snares and Hats should be handled individually!

Futhermore SR-202 only eats 44kHz 16bit samples and bitches around randomly if he doesn't want to load one sample (even though it's 44kHz and 16bit), so I have to convert it first.

What I'd love to see is an updated version of the SR-202 which has the following opions:
- 4 Stereo, 4 Mono outs
- up to 48kHz, 24bit support (maybe even 32bit)
- Preview mode(while looking for samples for a kit)
- Reverse button for each pad (would be very cool!)
- a little bit better behaviour in terms of FX (internal) for individual samples. Sometimes I don't even know if I'm in global or individual mode, and sometimes I can change each sample individually, sometimes I can't

- also important: Cubase 4 support

Hell I'd even shove out some money for an update (though not more than 30-40 bucks I'm afraid - I'm always on a budget) but if these features are included, I sure won't use any other drum-trigger VSTi than SR-202. And I use it since it's out.

Uhm... think about it please?

*though hope dies last, as I just read that you discontinued the SR-202*
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

All the CM plugins that we wrote are discontinued and there is no further support for them.

Regards
Dave

Return to “Muon Software”