seperating midi tracks?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

load a midi song and use a soundfont player to play all the tracks with the right instruments,but with 16 outs(either audio or midi). i tried synthfont but it doesn't save the seperate midi tracks,i don't think.
i just thought there must be an easy way to seperate the midi tracks and have them play a GM soundfont.or a sf payer that splits the individual channel in to seperate outs. :?
ps,i'm a bit thick and i'm probably trying to cook a turkey in the toaster. :roll:
if anyone has a clue what i'm on about,that would be great. :)

Load one SFZ instance on each of the 16 seperate tracks. Or you'll need a multi-timbral VST, which are rather hard to find (but they're there!)

But why not route the midi output to the wave-synth on the Audigy? You have a soundfont-based synth right there!!
My MusicCalc is temporary offline.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :borg:

yeah i could do that,i just wanted to either put fx on the seperate tracks or reroute some of the midi tracks to vsti.just need the versatility of vst really.
is there a way to split the midi into seperate tracks,a midi splitter utility maybe?i should ask on the energyxt forum,maybe the sampler can do it.i just thought there must be plenty of peeps who've tried this and i might find a different way.

what host are you using ?...

xt.
probly shud ask over there.
midi always confuses my poor head. :?

Return to “Production Techniques”