Blue Cat's free Peak Meter DX & VST released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everybody and Happy new year!

Blue Cat's Digital Peak Meter has been ported to the VST platform. It's been updated to V1.1 :
- Added VST support
- It's now possible to record clip information

It's a standard digital peak meter (660 to 0dB, clip LED), but it's unique because you are able to record the peak meter value as an automation curve. You can reuse it to apply to any effect of any other track in your sequencer. It's really a very powerful tool, and you know what? It's free!

Recorded automation in Cubase SX:

Thank You! Great Idea!

Recording the envelope as an automation curve looks very interesting (in a side chain-ish kind of way!) :wink:

That's one of the applications, yes!

Been waiting AGES for the VST version ;) Thanks
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

You should have told us... Maybe we would have set a higher priority to it!

BTW never hesitate to ask for functionalities, our ears are fully opened in order to hear our customers requirements.

Sorry but I do not see the point here. What the of the utility of having this kind of envelope -i.e. this plugin displays of the peaks right and what one do with that? Besides how do I record the peaks as read? :?

Beardedone wrote:Sorry but I do not see the point here. What the of the utility of having this kind of envelope -i.e. this plugin displays of the peaks right and what one do with that? Besides how do I record the peaks as read? :?
You can move the peak information to any control on a synth, effect, or mixer track.

I just did a quick experiment with the filter cuttoff. Its a very good tool.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

And the envelope is recorded how?

you can then affect this envelope to any other parameter on your track or even on another track. For example you can control a filter cutoff on the synth track based on the Drums track peak envelope.
It's even more powerful with the "Pro" version since you can parametrize the envelope genration (offset, amount and even reverse the envelope - this builds a powerful side-chain compressor with a few mouse clicks..).
Besides how do I record the peaks as read?
It depends on your host. For example to record the automation in Cubase just press the 'W' automation button.

OK thanks :oops: I see now how to do it in Sonar. Cool!

It's explained on the website for Sonar :wink:

You can also use Copy/Paste on envelopes in Sonar, it's very powerful.

Don't forget the power of the Decay setting that should smooth out or average the envelope a bit... :wink: (I assume the affect of decay appears in the envelope that is recorded also?)

Two questions:

1. Is there an "Invert Envelope" function?
2. What is the link?

Thanks.

Oops sorry for the link: :oops:
http://software.bluecatonline.org/
1. Is there an "Invert Envelope" function?
Only on the "Pro" version. It's available for directX only today but it's being ported to VST and should be ready very soon.
(I assume the affect of decay appears in the envelope that is recorded also?)
Yes. It gives you total control on the envelope decay, envelope being what is shown by the meter and also what is recorded.

Whoa...no way I just looked at the Pro version - I'm gonna buy it in about 45 seconds (hehe gotta grab a beer first!). This looks really interesting...a really great automated automation controller!

:love:

Return to “Effects”