Micro Sampler timing issue

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Free Waveform Pro

So I've been using Waveform Free (now version 13) alongside other DAWs for a while and I make hip-hop and trap music.

If I want to sequence my 808 I'll load the sample into any sampler, do some tweaking, and lay my pattern down. This should be the typical procedure for any DAW sampler. I wanted to use the Micro Sampler so I loaded the sample, put it in one-shot mode, changed the voicing to mono(so that the notes don't overlap and sound horrible), and turned on voice stealing(so that the sampler didn't have to wait for the note to finish playing to play another note. This happens when the sample is in mono mode).

When I played back my pattern, I heard that the 808's timing was off, especially when there were notes in quick succession. There is a slight annoying delay. I thought maybe the notes weren't quantized but I checked and they were. I tried the same pattern and sample with third-party samplers and I did not experience this problem.

Yeah it's a bug. The playing voice gets killed quickly (but not instantly so it doesn't click) and then the new voice starts. I need to make it so in mono there is actually two voices and they slightly overlap.

I just got some time to look into this. The sampler renders audio in 32 sample blocks, so that is as accurate as the timing can be. I'll need to do more work to determine if this can be changed and how it will affect performance. It's not a trivial fix.

FigBug wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:30 pm I just got some time to look into this. The sampler renders audio in 32 sample blocks, so that is as accurate as the timing can be. I'll need to do more work to determine if this can be changed and how it will affect performance. It's not a trivial fix.
Oh, okay. I hope you find a solution. I can still use it for shorter sounds and hits

Return to “Tracktion”