documentation to write scripts / drivers for MIDI controllers

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I could not find any guidance on this in the Waveform 13 user guide.
I would like to support the AKAI APC 64.

Go to the controllers page in the settings, click on AKAI APC mini, and then click on "Reveal Script". Copy that script from the "Factory" folder to the "User" folder. Rename it to "AKAI APC 64.js". Also look at Example.js, it has all the functions listed.

Every time you save the file you are working on, Waveform loads your changes.

From the help button, show log file. If you have an JS errors or you use the logMsg() function, a log file named WaveformAKAIAPC64.txt will be created. You can also assign a key to the shortcut "Show or hide the controller log window" and you'll see the midi message coming too / from the device.

I haven't look at the spec for the 64 vs the mini, but I assume they are similar with 64 having extra features. Hopefully if you just change a few values in the mini script it should get you 50% of the way there, then you can implement the extra functionality.

That is exactly the advice I was looking for. Thank you!

I've spent a few days now trying to wrap my head around making a fully-fledged controller script for my Maschine Jam. It looks like a rather complicated process to put it mildly. I had a look at the source code of the DriveunByMoss Bitwig controller script for use with the Maschine Jam, just to try and see what is involved and it contains multiple js files. This is just way above my level of expertise... :-( Please consider adding a Maschine Jam controller script. I doubt I'll get far, despite my best efforts to try and do it myself.

Hi @u!Z7. Did you come right with the controller setup for your APC64? This is probably the closest controller to the Maschine Jam, so please consider sharing it, if you came right. I'm not looking for handouts and have been trying to get my head around the javascript (spent hours trying to figure it out) but it is just above my level of intellect :-(. I'd really appreciate it, as it would give me a good indication of what 'sendtomidi' parameters I need to figure out.

Return to “Tracktion”