Virtual Guitarist on Waveform12 - Problem

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi thire, I'm trying to use Ujam - Virtual Guitarist Amber2 - Instrument mode on Waveform12. I want to create solo part or arpeggio, but it doesn't make sound at all even clicking the Fretboad as attached. Any suggestion? Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Could you provide more information on your setup? Ujam products seem to be fully compatible with Waveform. Have you tried it by itself on a new project, just to ensure there's nothing in your project or track conflicting with it?
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

I downloaded the demo version and tried it, everything works fine
With midi keyboard
I am attaching a jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

It's a basic product--not really a full-fledged guitar emulator, more like a sidekick rhythm assistant--but with some EQ added after to tone down its harshness, it's a neat tool.

Thanks for quick reply, now I confirm it works fine since I didn't know the basic of this plug-in, I had to fill the MIDI both Key switches & Fretboad... Also now I realized this can't make solo part highter than F6. Anyway thanks for concerning!

Yes, that's a major limitation of the plugin--the range. That's true for the whole suite of these products...but it's not meant to be a RealGuitar--it's more an accompaniment tool.

I do recommend experimenting with some EQ after it, as some of the sounds it produces can be harsh when listened to over speakers.

Thanks Watchful. Yes, actually I applied Blue Cat's Amp after it and sounds nice :-).

Let me ask one more Q, If Amber2 play with Style Phrases (strum) and apply the Key C/Am, how to play D7 or C7? If I change the Key from C/Am to eg. F/Dm, other codes are also changed... Am I talk wrong things? Cheers

Amber, I believe, plays power chords (open 5ths), so there is no major, minor, sus, or 7ths. For a D5, press D. For a C5, press C.

It doesn't do complex chords. For that, you want something like MusicLabs' RealGuitar or AmpleSounds' products.

Amber works like this: you select the pattern to strum on the left and the chords on the right.

OK, now I understand. Thanks, Watchful :-).

Return to “Tracktion”