SpectraLayers for Stems

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now when the dust have settled long enough, what are your opinions of creating stems using Steinberg SpectraLayers?

The only similar software I am using is the old Regroover Pro that got axed by Facebook/Meta some time ago.

Would really appreciate some honest opinion about it :)

/C
BROKEN TECHNO for OMNISPHERE
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I use it and almost alway get better results than what is available out there. Most programs lose the attack of drums, not so much wıth SpectraLayers. Serato Sample also gives good results.

Agree. It's really good.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

And you guys are only using it from extracting stems, or are you finding other uses for it?
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I have been wondering about getting this too because I presume the advantage it has over stems is it’s not limited to separating drums, bass, vocals etc but just separates any identifiable layers regardless of musical type so would also be useful for other types of music not just pop/dance but also jazz and classical

I've been playing around with the demo in the most shallow of fashion, but it's quite remarkable actually. A great way to figure out what is going on in a recording.

I use it for fixing poorly recorded audio mostly. Here's a playlist of some of the things I do with it https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzn ... TX3P2_eFGz
Stem generation has only started to be viable from v10.

Very cool trick!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”