Introducing SoundPaste: the macOS app that can copy paste sound

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SoundPaste

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey everyone, I recently released an app that I think would be useful to some of you.

Whenever I'd make music and want to sample something cool from YouTube or Soundcloud or anywhere else it was always a process to get that sound into my DAW. So, over the past half a year I've been working on my free time to develop a macOS app that can copy-paste sound called SoundPaste.

What do I mean by "copy-paste" sound?
Imagine this:
1. You click play on the video/audio right before the sound you want
2. Command-Option-R (begin recording)
3. When the sound you want ends, Command-Option-R (again to stop recording)
4. Scroll over to your DAW and Command-V
5. That's it, the audio you recorded just magically appears in the program, without having to save it, name it anything, drag it from a folder etc. You just "copy-pasted" sound!

You don't need to install Blackhole / Soundflower and then switch to use them as input devices to record system audio either, it's all built-in.

You can check it out here:
www.kloytools.com/soundpaste (http://www.kloytools.com/soundpaste)

An excellent idea :tu:

Brilliant! I embrace simple ideas. 👍
Minimum requirement is MacOS 13. I am still on 12, as later versions do not support Firewire anymore. Is it possible to compile it for 12 (Monterey)?

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:51 am Brilliant! I embrace simple ideas. 👍
Minimum requirement is MacOS 13. I am still on 12, as later versions do not support Firewire anymore. Is it possible to compile it for 12 (Monterey)?
Looked into making it work for earlier versions, but unfortunately one of the features Apple introduced that makes recording system sound work easily out-of-the-box is only available for macOS 13.0+. Since one of the major advantages of this app is its ease of use, unless I find some other way of recording system sound I don't think I will focus on porting it to 12 anytime soon!

Cool idea! How long takes can it record?
BROKEN TECHNO for OMNISPHERE
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

kloymusic wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:50 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:51 am Brilliant! I embrace simple ideas. 👍
Looked into making it work for earlier versions, but unfortunately one of the features Apple introduced that makes recording system sound work easily out-of-the-box is only available for macOS 13.0+. Since one of the major advantages of this app is its ease of use, unless I find some other way of recording system sound I don't think I will focus on porting it to 12 anytime soon!
Don‘t worry, I do also have a non Firewire interface. Maybe its time to upgrade…

DrGonzo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:20 pm Cool idea! How long takes can it record?
In my testing I've recorded audio that's 3+ hours in length before, and really there's no concrete limit other than the amount of space on your computer -- the app writes audio data to the audio file as it comes in

Looks great, cool idea!!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”