6%
Have you tried Bitwig?
38%
Fish
31%

Total votes: 72

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I own Live and Logic and I wanna make a new tune.

Clearly I could decide this all by myself, but I wanted to enlist the decision making skills of the KVR Community.

Thanks in advance.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Given the choice. I say Live. To get started creating. Once You have your tune. Mix in Logic
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:03 pm Given the choice. I say Live. To get started creating. Once You have your tune. Mix in Logic
That’s not a bad call, actually.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Have you tried Reaper?

You made the smart decision to ask for advice here. Nobody wishing to make music should EVER try to decide anything on their own, whether it's deciding which OS is best, hardware vs. software, or which DAW you should open. While we're at it, I'm getting a little pissed off that people are just setting their filter cutoff and resonance values and compressor thresholds without asking KVR first. Who the hell do these people think they are? :x

Oh, I almost forgot to answer the question... hmmmmm, tough question. Just buy a subscription to Pro Tools and use that for now and I'll get back to you with my answer next week.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

:lol:

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Some of the advice here is golden. Thanks folks :)

Not sure what genre I should pick for the new tune once I actually get going on it but that’s clearly a separate question.

I'm from the future. Whatever you do, DO NOT fire up Logic.

The balance of fate depends on it.
A well-behaved signature.

Oh shi-

Just curious, shouldn't the poll at least contain some daws? ^^

Tiles wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:02 am Just curious, shouldn't the poll at least contain some daws? ^^
lol

Yeah, I already own the 2 best ones;)

BTW, Have you tried Reaper?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:54 pm BTW, Have you tried Reaper?
Wait, isn't Logic the "real" Reaper?...
JerGoertz wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:54 am Whatever you do, DO NOT fire up Logic.

The balance of fate depends on it.
:help:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

revvy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:34 pm I own Live and Logic and I wanna make a new tune.
Given the choice "Logic" you really should try to finish a tune with that other Mac-only DAW: GarageBand.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”