Dragging samples turns Loop function on [solved]

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have no idea why this has started happening. I've been trying to construct many MUX drum player presets using the preset by RobertP DR32. I edited it to reduce it to work with 16 Pads, so far so good, added my own samples and created 15 MUX's without a hitch. Now though, every sample I drag to the sample player, it automatically switches the Loop function to forward???

The samples are all WAV, so do not contain loop data, so why would this happen? These samples were recorded on my MPC Live2, not that that should make a difference. The MPC creates an XPM file that contains all data needed for the MPC to load a collection of samples together with all settings intact. MuLab can't read that data I presume? Even if it could, the Loop function for every sample is OFF. So again, why does MuLab switch it on now every time I drag a sample to the MUX? Is this a bug? The first 15 MUX's didn't do this and I used the first as a basis for every one since.

It's enough work having to create these presets without having to click three times to switch off the Loop function every time I add a sample.

Also, in the Browser, when previewing samples, is there a way to turn off Loop? So the sample plays only once when clicked, instead of click to play and click to stop.

Thanks for the help.

sl23 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:50 pm The samples are all WAV, so do not contain loop data
Wrong assumption.

So WAV's can contain Loop data? Never knew that! Thought they just contained the audio data.
Ok so I must have somehow enabled loop when I recorded these.
Managed to find out how to remove the loop data, thanks.
EDIT: I see that this is why they are looping in the browser as well! :dog:

I can't believe there's no way to batch remove this data! Can't find a single app that does it! OcenAudio sees it and removes it but you have to select every sample one by one in the Audio Properties/Markers window... Click sample, select marker, delete, repeat for every sample!!! You'd think someone would have designed a way of doing this? Tried searching all morning, but nothing is as easy as OcenAudio for this, not that I've found anyway.

Try SoX, the command line audio batch processing tool or Audacity 3.4 batch processing Macros you can create using python Scripting
https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/scripting.html
check Audacity forums to see if someone did one
Maybe demo Wavelab Pro?
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

All done now, thanks for the tip though. Probably never likely to need it again.

sl23 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:17 pmI should NOT be using hardware, it's definitely more challenging for the brain.
ftfy
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Well, if you don't know, ya don't know! Sorry, we're not all as perfect as you! ;)

sl23 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:52 pmWell, if you don't know, ya don't know! Sorry, we're not all as perfect as you! ;)
Just chuck out your cooker and you can be me!!
:clown:
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Ya know what? I might just that! Then I can print out your picture as a mask and be a proper you! :o :lol:

Return to “MUTOOLS”