Why is MuLab 9 working on Linux?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks,

I was about to update my Linux guide when my heart almost stopped during the test with MuLab 9.3.18 and 9.4.2 against Wine 9.0-rc2. :lol: Everything worked smoothly! All the annoying window losing focus issues disappeared. I'm not sure if this is a secret Xmas gift from Jo(sorry if I spoiled it :ud:), if Wine is maturing or it's just a bad joke from my system :roll:. In any case, it would be great if any other Linux users here could test it too.

Here are my specs:
2023-12-22_15-33.png
I also tested it with Wine 8.21, and everything is working fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I don't have a Linux setup at the moment but on an Intel Mac I can run 32bit/64bit MuLab in Wine 8.0.1 and for my purposes it appears to run just as well as the Mac version of MuLab. In earlier versions of Wine I had to tick the "Emulate a virtual desktop" checkbox in Winecfg to fix the "right-click" issue but now I don't have to touch the Winecfg settings. In fact the only tell-tale sign that I am using Wine is when I use the mouse scroll wheel - scrolling is not as smooth in Wine as native scrolling on the Mac but that small issue is not exclusive to MuLab.

A quick update. The right-click issue still happens when you try to insert/replace a module in the rack. So far, that's the only place I still have the issue.

There is no sign of the right-click issue with Wine on my Mac, so out of curiosity I just created a Zorin OS 17 virtual machine in VirtualBox and discovered that the right-click issue still occurs there (Wine 8.0.2). However, I feel that the slight inconvenience of having to remember to:
left-click/select a module instead of right-click/"Insert Module"/select a module,
and
right-click/"Delete"/left-click/select a module instead of right-click/Replace/"select a module"
is more than worth it to avoid using Winecfg's "Emulate a virtual desktop" setting.

Return to “MUTOOLS”