Difference between MuLab plugin as VSTi and as FX?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After some hours trying and testing I am very glad that I have now found out how to play and trigger VSTis in my daw (Cubase) from the MuLab Live Matrix :-)
It was not straight forward for me and at some point, almost discouraged, I wanted to give up and ask for help on the forum.
But finally I kept persevering and could find it out!

Of course I am very aware that this is only a tiny part of MuLab functionality but at the moment this is what I need from it.

There is something I would like to know.
In Cubase it is possible to open the MuLab plugin either as VSTi or as FX.
Is there any difference in the plugin functionality (in this case I mean the Live Matrix functionality) using it either as VSTi or as FX?
I couldn't find any difference and could achieve exactly the same results with both versions.
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

It's more about how the DAW hosts VST effects vs VST instruments -- the VST protocol differentiates them. There's no significant difference to MuLab Plugin and absolutely no difference in its own functionality.

Loading MuLab as an fx means your daw will be using MuLab as an fx unit. Whereas loading MuLab as a synth will load the synth MuX allowing you to play them.

Thank you both pljones & sl23 for your answers :-)
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Return to “MUTOOLS”