MuLab 9.4.12

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MuLab App & Plugin 9.3.19 beta for Windows 64 bit are available:

MuLab App: https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html
MuLab Plugin: https://www.mutools.com/mulab/plugin/la ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • MuLab App now supports up to 64 inputs and 64 outputs. (was 32)
  • "Manage Latency" didn't work for VST3 and CLAP plugins. Fixed.
  • Improved CLAP support.
  • Rack on front panel: Background color initialisation issue. Fixed.
  • Note Length Modifier: Possible issue on quit. Fixed.
  • Fixed a possible crash bug when using a step sequencer on a front panel and editing that front panel.
  • Automation Clip Editor: When an automation clip has a tempo factor, the play cursor was not drawn at the right position. Fixed.
  • Other small improvements.

:tu:

As always, you are the man Jo. And thank you---

Damn! Means I gotta update two apps now! :lol:

Just wondering, can I just put the MuLab PLUGIN in the same folder as the APP and use the same user folder, or is there a reason it's best NOT to do that?

Best not to do that.

(Maybe in some future update i'll sort that out so it becomes possible)

Ok thanks

sl23 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:19 pm Damn! Means I gotta update two apps now! :lol:

Just wondering, can I just put the MuLab PLUGIN in the same folder as the APP and use the same user folder, or is there a reason it's best NOT to do that?
As you see, you're not advised to do that by the Developer.
But maybe some identical subfolders, e.g. User\Library (provided they have the same structure and contents), may be shared between PLUGIN and APP folders via symbolic links. Then any change inside such subfolders made in PLUGIN will be seen from APP and vice versa.

That virtually means using the same user folder and is not recommended atm.

I have set my UserLibraryFolder in AppPreferences.Xml in User\Settings for both MuLab App and MuLab Plugin
User\Settings\AppPreferences.Xml

Code: Select all

<UserLibraryFolder>/Q:/Shared Projects/MuTools</UserLibraryFolder>
(My Q drive happens to be a network drive, too, so my other PC also shares the same UserLibraryFolder.)

And it works fine? No issues at all doing it that way?

I seem to remember there was an issue with using the same user folder for MuLab App and MuLab Plugin. That's why i wanted to advice on the safe side, saying "not recommended".

I did test it briefly before asking. Seemed ok. But then I thought maybe it affects the folders, settings or even projects somehow. So I asked about it and got the nono! :dog:
Hopefully it's ok though.

mutools wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:35 am And it works fine? No issues at all doing it that way?

I seem to remember there was an issue with using the same user folder for MuLab App and MuLab Plugin. That's why i wanted to advice on the safe side, saying "not recommended".
Yes, it's been working okay for years. I don't use both MuLab App and MuLab Plugin at the same time - and the Settings folder isn't touched, other than to change the AppPreferences.Xml. Of course, any content in User\Library would want moving and if you've previously had separate libraries, you could have collisions that would need resolving. As most of what happens in User\Library is to read the content, it should be pretty safe.

Of course, if you update MuLab App to a version ahead of MuLab Plugin and then update your library, you can find MuLab Plugin will complain (sometimes).

I keep my settings still under User\Settings and projects on a different drive.

Tbh, I probably not likely to use the Plugin, but I've been thinking of getting it for some time as a fail safe, in case it's needed should I decide to move to Reaper or something. But I was curious about the merge and hopefully it'll be resolved one day.
Seems strange to have two folders pretty much identical for virtually the same program.

MuLab App & Plugin 9.4.2 beta for Windows 64 bit are available.

MuLab App: https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html
MuLab Plugin: https://www.mutools.com/mulab/plugin/la ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • MultiForm Oscillator also supports vector waveforms.
  • MultiForm Oscillator auto-renders upon edits, so no need to click the "Render" button anymore.
  • Noise Generator also supports stereo noise. Doubleclick the module to set Num Channels.
  • Renamed VstPlugins.Xml to PluginDatabase.xml
  • Other small improvements.
About the MFO Vector Waveform:
The vector waveform is drawn using curves, just like LFO shapes.
The MFO renders a vector waveform by crossfading from the start shape to the end shape.
If the start and end shapes have the same number of points then that's easy to crossfade.
Otherwise MuLab will map the different points as good as possible.
Note that if a corresponding segment has a different curve type in the start and end shapes then it's the start curve type that is used, but still the curve parameters crossfade from start to end, so if curve types differ this might lead to unexpected (maybe interesting?) results.

Thanks for your hard work!
Have a great Xmas everyone 🎄

Return to “MUTOOLS”