Problems when exporting a track - random plop, klick or whatever

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi guys, so i think i understand more and more why at mastering? stage WAV/exported audio is used... i mostly still produce in the box and in 1 session. but even in the mixing/mastering stage when listening to the track i have no clipping etc. yeah some frequency overlays for sure, cause you cannot do 100% without. but still no clipping or minimal clipping with limiter etc.

then im finished and export the tracks, maybe im too nitpicky but i export about 10 versions cause i always have some synth/some effect etc. which wont sound 100% the same on every export. a sample, sure sounds the same but modulated lead sounds etc. not 100%. i get that.

then i find 2-3 versions where i like some parts more compared to the other versions and then i am like "great" i listen via headphones and studio monitors and wtf im pissed right now. the version is perfect but then at the end only 3-4 layers are played and a gated synth pops on the left side shortly... im like f**k RX cannot correct it somehow. i check the other 2 versions and 1 clicks on another part and the 3rd perfect version has a small plop on another part.

i dunno if it is FL Studio or whatever. i just dont get it. why does this happen. does anyone have any ideas? my cpu etc. is strong enough and i just dunno what else this might be....

thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Production Techniques”