KORG modwave mkii

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Surprised not to see this here yet:

https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthe ... dwave_mk2/

Looks like 4 GB of user memory, more polyphony, and expanded LFO options.

Price hike is kind of bummer though.

Useful information here:

https://youtu.be/J45OPne7UDA?t=1734
<list your stupid gear here>

Until they announce something super cool (Well, they already announced a polytouch keyboard), KORG has become sort of a joke at this point.

Korg Supporter wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:10 pm Until they announce something super cool (Well, they already announced a polytouch keyboard), KORG has become sort of a joke at this point.
you need to get your forum name changed.

vurt wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:16 pm
Korg Supporter wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:10 pm Until they announce something super cool (Well, they already announced a polytouch keyboard), KORG has become sort of a joke at this point.
:lol:

You know I actually appreciate what they did with the Modwave and Wavestate. I just wish they had done a better job on the hardware. I ditched hardware years ago and I was still a little tempted by the Modwave. I know someone in a similar position that actually bought an Opsix.

The software versions are awesome, I'm buying Modwave Native at BF.

I think they cover this in the video, but the original chipset for the MKI is no longer available. Korg had to make a MKII if they wanted to continue the line.

Just had a look at Modwave Native. Looks super awesome but why would I buy the hardware? Obviously if you play live then fair enough, but if not, I don't see any point, as the interface looks amazing and it costs far cheaper ($99.99 currently on sale).

ooh, missed it was on sale, will buy.

egbert101 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:11 pm Just had a look at Modwave Native. Looks super awesome but why would I buy the hardware? Obviously if you play live then fair enough, but if not, I don't see any point, as the interface looks amazing and it costs far cheaper ($99.99 currently on sale).
If you can’t think of a reason, then there probably isn’t one. That said, you should know by now that some people would rather eat their own poop than use a computer for music. With both versions, everyone is happy.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Is there an upgrade charge for owners of Modwave Native 1?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

stoopicus wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:39 pm ooh, missed it was on sale, will buy.
LOL. I'm looking at what it can do, and it's endless, probably worth far more than $99.99. Silly money, I'm tempted to buy it too.

More stuff it can do...Crazy stuff....

https://youtu.be/-89IE4t9HKM

egbert101 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:47 pm
stoopicus wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:39 pm ooh, missed it was on sale, will buy.
LOL. I'm looking at what it can do, and it's endless, probably worth far more than $99.99. Silly money, I'm tempted to buy it too.
Yeah I've been playing with the demo a couple weeks and while the UI is so so it's really deep.

...and now the Korg store won't let me enter a payment method. This is so very Korg.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... tifactName

stoopicus wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:59 pm
:lol:

You know I actually appreciate what they did with the Modwave and Wavestate. I just wish they had done a better job on the hardware. I ditched hardware years ago and I was still a little tempted by the Modwave. I know someone in a similar position that actually bought an Opsix.

The software versions are awesome, I'm buying Modwave Native at BF.
I hope the KORG Collection 5 comes out soon. I also hope KORG Gadget will be revamped and rewritten. Still waiting for AUv3 support.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”