MPE (2019) 200 left-hand buttons unresponsive

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I haven't played the 200 in a while, I've been using the 128, I plugged it in today, and the left-side buttons are unresponsive mostly. Only the switch buttons light up blue and causing global to flash. The other buttons do nothing. I tried different USB cable, unplugged to any computer, plugged to computer, plugged to ipad, on DC power, no difference.

Anyone experienced anything like this?

Actually, having typed this, and continued to try to different pressing combinations, something worked, somehow, its like its waking up from hibernation like a tired bear. Bizarre. The buttons are currently working.

Was it sulking because I don't love it anymore?

It might be that you need to reposition the rubber surface slightly, I need to do mine as the left buttons have pulled to the right a bit and are not as responsive as they used to be.

I tried to find the video of what to do to post here but can't find it.

So basically:

1. Loosen all the screws slightly

2. Push the rubber surface a little to the left so the rubber buttons line up nicely in the slots and tighten (very lightly (flat + 1/4 turn)) the screws on the left.

3.Now stretch the rubber surface to the right till it lines up and tighten those screws.

4. same for top and bottom.

There is a section of this video that shows how to stretch the rubber:
https://youtu.be/U_WlJe7y-S4?t=559
Bitwig, against the constitution.

It sounds like the LinnStrument was stored in an environment with higher temperature. As a result, the silicone rubber playing surface expanded slightly, which tightened the panel screws, probably causing some buttons to stick in the pressed state.

Please see the LinnStrument FAQ page, Problems tab, FAQ "There is no Y-axis (forward/backward) response in one column or two neighboring columns, or one or more note pads in a column doesn't respond. Help!"

In your case, the tightened screws are likely forcing some buttons in the pressed state. The solution is to adjust the screw tightness as suggested in the FAQ.

If that doesn't work, email me at the support address and I'll figure it out, doing a video call if needed. I'm sure it's a simple fix.

Gotcha, thanks both, I'll try the screws and find out.
In ridiculous news, I just left my 128 on a coach journey today. Now have to wait a few days to hear from Lost Property so certainly will be showing the 200 some love.
Ah life, don't you just live it?!

Hi 5KW1RE,

I'm sorry to hear about the L128. Hopefully they'll find it and return it to you.

Do let me know if you need more help with the screw tightness, and be sure to follow the instructions in the FAQ about testing Y-axis after tightening the screws, to verify that they are tightened correctly.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”