MuLab 9.3.18 - VST3 plugin support

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Because you're rendering a composer, not a project.
You can have multiple composers per project.

Really? That sounds confusing :) Where would the second or third composer be? How do I add a composer?

Odd Fella wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:51 pm Really? That sounds confusing :) Where would the second or third composer be? How do I add a composer?
"confusing"? "Flexible" :)
ModularComposer.png
(Or, of course, in any modular area.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you for the update and the VST3 support, very pleasant surprise! Made a donation to express my appreciation. :)

I have added and briefly tested the following plugins in the Mulab plugin (9.3.18) in Reaper 7.

These are working fine:
  • ADPTR MetricAB
  • Korg Modwave Native
  • NI Battery 4
  • NI Bite
  • NI Choral
  • NI Dirt
  • NI Driver
  • NI Flair
  • NI FM8
  • NI Freak
  • NI Phasis
  • NI Raum
  • NI RC 48
  • NI Replika XT
  • NI Transient Master
  • Sonic Academy Kick 2
  • Scaler 2
  • Synapse Audio DUNE 3
  • Synapse Audio Legend
  • UVI Dual Delay X
  • UVI Falcon 3
  • UVI Shade
  • Valhalla Vintage Verb
  • Voxengo LF Max Punch
  • Voxengo SPAN Plus
  • XLN RC-20 Retro Color

These are categorized as Instrument, but work fine as Effect too:
  • NI Reaktor 6
  • Reason Rack Plugin

These are categorized as Instrument and their Effect version is not available (Zebrify):
  • U-He Zebra 2
  • U-He Zebra HZ

Last, but not least U-He Repro 1 is working fine, but Repro 5 is not available which is in the same vst3 file. I know the Uhbiks were mentioned, guess it's the same problem (shell).

I'm not keeping up with the forum topics, sorry if it has been asked, but I'm curious if it is planned to have a VST3 version of Mulab plugin on the horizon?

RichardSemper wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:33 am Parameter automation recording not working in Bitwig Studio. Plays back drawn automation. Works fine in other DAWs tested. Other VSTs record automation working fine in Bitwig.
Tested using default patch, automating exposed parameter 'filter depth'.
I'm not a Bitwig expert so i'm not sure how to record automation from a plugin there but i see that when i tweak the Filter Depth of MuLab's Basic Synth then Bitwig does move the horizontal line in automation lane so it does receive what MuLab is sending to Bitwig. From there on it's Bitwig land i think. No?

bjm4tt wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:56 pm Made a donation to express my appreciation. :)
Thank you :tu:
Last, but not least U-He Repro 1 is working fine, but Repro 5 is not available which is in the same vst3 file. I know the Uhbiks were mentioned, guess it's the same problem (shell).
Indeed, multiple plugins within a single dll are not yet supported.
I'm curious if it is planned to have a VST3 version of Mulab plugin on the horizon?
Cannot answer this question atm.
The next days/weeks i'll first do some meta works on MuLab (eg. videos, promo, ...) , meanwhile i'll reflect on next dev steps.

mutools wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:36 am
RichardSemper wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:33 am Parameter automation recording not working in Bitwig Studio. Plays back drawn automation. Works fine in other DAWs tested. Other VSTs record automation working fine in Bitwig.
Tested using default patch, automating exposed parameter 'filter depth'.
I'm not a Bitwig expert so i'm not sure how to record automation from a plugin there but i see that when i tweak the Filter Depth of MuLab's Basic Synth then Bitwig does move the horizontal line in automation lane so it does receive what MuLab is sending to Bitwig. From there on it's Bitwig land i think. No?
Not a Bitwig expert here either (I much prefer to use mulab :))
Bitwig does move the horizontal line as you say, also if automation is drawn into the lane the synth parameters respond to the automation on playback.
Recording is enabled via the Write symbol next to the record button on the transport controls at the top of the bitwig window, then pressing play activates it. With other plugins (e.g. Ragnarok by Full Bucket) moving one of the exposed parameters automatically then activates it's lane and records the automation. I don't know why this does not happen with mulab plugin, especially since it works fine recording automation in old cubase and reaper.
I ran the same test using mux v8, with the same result.

Curiously, Brainworx VST3's are unable to show lists of their presets. Also, no load or save patch option is appearing at the top of the Mulab plugin frame when using their VST3's either. I've made loads of presets i cant now use!

I've followed ALL the instructions recommended on plugin alliance's website but to no avail. All the patch files are in the correct paths. Anyone know a fix for this strange VST3 behaviour?

I've read other forums with people having the same issue; some opting to go back to their VST2's :(
Aka Midland Synthetics

I so need a newsletter, tssss... WOW, I'm so thrilled, Jo, that's fantastic! VST3, YAY!!! :hyper: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Just brilliant.
I've only tested it real quick and thus far there were no problems! :tu:

This is great news. I'm probably being an idiot for asking but I have noticed Mulab hasn't updated during startup as it normally does (last update "pulled" by Mulab was v9.2.22). I realize I can manually patch to v9.3.18 from the Mulab website of course (and will likely do just that) but I'm curious why the Mulab App currently reports it is up to date when I also initiate Check For Updates from the menu.

Cos it doesn't update beta updates only official releases

Makes sense. I think you are saying I should check the forum to see if an update is beta or not as I didn't find beta mentioned in the Mulab download/change logs pages and the version number format is probably not a reliable guide :-)

Correct. There is a page on mutools website where beta versions are uploaded to. The link should be in this forum under latest version.

The current https://www.mutools.com/ page is updated for 9.3 and the App and Plugin downloads are all 9.3.18. So I'm guessing it's released. The App and Plugin "full download" pages both link to the relevant "patch download" page.

It's a work in progress, anyway.
A DAW is never really finished, unfortunately.

Return to “MUTOOLS”