DAW with Smoothest Audio Editing Workflow and the most Power?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which DAW has the smoothest audio editing workflow and is the most powerful (comping, slicing, dicing, cutting, fading, and everything else)?

The DAW that you know the best.

Everyone will now name theirs. I'll start: Studio One.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

tommyzai wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:09 am Which DAW has the smoothest audio editing workflow and is the most powerful (comping, slicing, dicing, cutting, fading, and everything else)?
Arturia Storm 3.0.

Hands down. Full stop. End of story. Lock the Topic.

https://youtu.be/cHZUlQFJYdE?si=ItHs42FE-IMZcdgD

i need Help wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:59 am
tommyzai wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:09 am Which DAW has the smoothest audio editing workflow and is the most powerful (comping, slicing, dicing, cutting, fading, and everything else)?
Arturia Storm 3.0.

Are you serious? I never heard of it, but if this is a serious contender I'll happily check it out.

tommyzai wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:22 am
Arturia Storm 3.0.

Are you serious?
Of course I’m serious. Why would I joke around on such a serious, unique, non-ambiguous, completely objective topic such as this? This is the type of topic that KVR needs.
tommyzai wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:22 am
Arturia Storm 3.0.

I never heard of it, but if this is a serious contender I'll happily check it out.
Most haven’t. My above post might actually be removed, but be assured if is, it’s because I’m giving out information that “they” don’t want out to the masses.

Arturia Storm 3.0 is the “secret sauce” that all the pros use. If you’ve ever wondered why, no matter how hard you work, you just can’t seem to get “that” sound, rest assured it is because they are “riding the storm” and you are not.

https://www.arturia.com/company/press/p ... 0-shipping

Yeah, the latest version is from 2004. LOL

Is ProTools Intro an option? I wonder if it has all of the audio editing features of the full version.

Reaper: audío editing is what it excels at.

jamcat wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:45 am The DAW that you know the best.

Everyone will now name theirs. I'll start: Studio One.
This is indeed how this thread will go. This is basically a request to just list all the DAWs :lol:

I'll throw in Reaper and Logic.

HahAHHHhh!...Good one on 'Arturia Storm' 'Full Stop' 'Lock the Topic'... Too good!

Actually Storm pretty good & especially for the crap most make nowadays would be plenty good enough...

I use here & there-

Loop Six wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:06 am Is ProTools Intro an option? I wonder if it has all of the audio editing features of the full version.
Reaper and Cakewalk are far better than any Intro DAW. All the limited editions of DAWs are severely crippled. Either in number of tracks, or in number of plugins in each track or in total, among other limitations.

These limitations are designed to make you bite the bullet and buy the whole product. Be very careful before committing to an intro version of a DAW, as you may hit a wall pretty quickly.
Reaper doesn't have limitations, even the free version. It's specifically designed for audio recording and editing (it's in the name). Cakewalk is free and not limited either.

All DAWs (in full version that is) can do recording and audio editing, but some are stronger ins certain areas and others in other areas due to their workflow:
- Cubase is strong for MIDI composition
- Bitwig and Ableton for live sessions
- Reaper and ProTools for audio recording and editing
- Studio One is generalist, not sure where it is the strongest
- FL Studio and Reason for electronic music production
- Cakewalk, I don't know it, but it seems generalist (and it's free)
Last edited by lolilol1975 on Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

lolilol1975 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:43 pm
Loop Six wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:06 am Is ProTools Intro an option? I wonder if it has all of the audio editing features of the full version.
Reaper is far better than any Intro DAW. All the limited editions of DAWs are severely limited. Either in number of tracks, or in number of plugins.

These limitations are designed to make you bite the bullet and buy the whole product. Reaper doesn't have limitations, even the free version. It's specifically designed for audio recording (it's in the name).
Agreed. Sadly, that wasn't the case in the past. I used intro version of Cakewalk, Cubase, and Protools that were quite capable in 2000's and early 2010's. More recently, the intro versions are hobbled.

Have you tried Logic?

lolilol1975 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:43 pm Reaper doesn't have limitations, even the free version.
There is no such thing as a "free version" of Reaper. You are permitted to try it for 60 days. After that, you are SUPPOSED to pay for it...but because Reaper doesn't limit it in any way, some people don't and pretend it's "free" and keep using it.
All DAWs (in full version that is) can do recording and audio editing, but some are stronger ins certain areas and others in other areas due to their workflow:
- Cubase is strong for composition
?
- Reaper and ProTools for audio recording and editing
The only thing Pro Tools is best at is eating up your money at laughable prices.

OP, I have tried just about every DAW under the sun and IMO if ease of use is a top priority, try Mixcraft. It's the only one I used that I felt was really easy to pick up and learn without digging through user manuals going "how the hell do you...?" They have a 30-day fully functional trial version.

Check out the audio sequencer in MuLab which is a DAW that you already know. It is pretty amazing what you can do with that feature-- editing stretching pitching and multi-layering audio inside one track.

Also note that you can load one sample and it's available in about a dozen different MuLab devices, and if you edit in one device you can open the edited version in another device, or in a precise audio editor like DSP Quattro that has a detailed loop x-fade utility, and then reopen the edited version in MuLab, drop loops in the composer, map them to keys and jam away.

It also has CLAP & VST3
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”