Contact info for XOXOS ?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I wasn't quite sure in which forum to post this, but thought to try it here first:
I want to contact XOXOS, but to my big surprise i found out he has been banned on here (no idea why ?).
Any help (via a PM) would be very much appreciated. Wether its an email, or another forum where he is still active, anything really....
Thanks!!

Shhht, he rejoined as xos:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=573537
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I have his old yahoo email address if you'd like it, though I can't imagine he still uses yahoo. To be fair I did go look in my old hotmail account. Hard to believe it'd been so many years...

I miss xoxos. I very much doubt many people quite understood how wild some of his audio ideas were, and the fact that he managed to actually implement them with the primitive tools of 20 years ago is simply amazing. I still use them.

runagate wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:46 pm I have his old yahoo email address if you'd like it, though I can't imagine he still uses yahoo. To be fair I did go look in my old hotmail account. Hard to believe it'd been so many years...

I miss xoxos. I very much doubt many people quite understood how wild some of his audio ideas were, and the fact that he managed to actually implement them with the primitive tools of 20 years ago is simply amazing. I still use them.
I don’t miss the time he threatened me because I asked him why he thought the government was after a plugin designer.

He needed help, but I don’t think he had anyone in his life who could help him. I hope he got the care he needed.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

runagate wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:46 pm I have his old yahoo email address if you'd like it, though I can't imagine he still uses yahoo. To be fair I did go look in my old hotmail account. Hard to believe it'd been so many years...

Thanks alot, I'll try to contact him via his new account on here. once I get to that and have the time....
And I couldn't agree more with what you say about his old work!! Simply amazing stuff!!

BertKoor wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:35 pm Shhht, he rejoined as xos:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=573537
dont think so... github page info seems to relate to a Daniel Magnus. Plus Rurik wasnt a hardcore C programmer the way this guy appears to be. He worked in C++ but he wasnt an expert (despite his self-proclamations of genius)

Plus, xos is focussed, and without weirdness, bitterness, legacy grudges or narcissism.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

runagate wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:46 pm I very much doubt many people quite understood how wild some of his audio ideas were
Hmmm, I'd correct that as being that most people didnt quite understand how wild some of Julius O Smith's ideas were; xoxos was primarily implementing algorithms from other people's research papers that he raided from Smith's research website. Though only the free stuff, of course; xoxos wouldnt buy the books because he considered the notion of paying for his resources to be a moral affront to him.
Yeah, nobody else had coded the Kelly-Lochbaum vocal tract as a plugin, but its not a xoxos idea, its a 1962 research paper. And he didnt necessarily understand the research, he could implement a version of the code in SE (later supplemented with basic C++, after I pointed him at the Herb Schildt book that finally helped him to learn it. That earned me a lot of ire.). So when he cludged several of them together into Elder Thing, and certain settings locked it up, he didnt have a clue how to resolve that. If a xoxos plugin broke, it stayed broke.
In reality xoxos' actual 'wild ideas' were the propaganda and the paranoia, not the DSP.

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:05 pm He needed help, but I don’t think he had anyone in his life who could help him.
He did. Way back in the early days, when he was mostly focussed on railing about the evils of capitalism, mass media, cultural colonisation yadda yadda, he was actually popping round his mums at the weekend so he could watch British comedy shows on TV (while she made his dinner and did his laundry.)
Its no coincidence that when he boasted about escaping from a psych ward, it was when he was in Hawaii, where his dad lived.
But anyone who tried to help eventually got burned, became recast as his enemy. He did it so often it became another retrospective part of his dogma... he eventually went to claiming that his intrinsic belief system (passed off as Jainism, but nothing like it) meant that helping him was the gravest harm one could do to him.

As regards the original question, try via his YouTube channel, actual activity from 6 months ago

https://www.youtube.com/user/atomictraveller

Or possibly bandcamp

https://xoxos.bandcamp.com/community

See how evil I am, helping out like that? That puts me in the illuminati-CIA-mafia-templar-inquisition cabal again. Rurik was always keen on implementing driveby character assassination, I guess a pop back at correcting the record seemed fair.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:43 am As regards the original question, try via his YouTube channel, actual activity from 6 months ago

Hmm... community -tab there shows activity from 2 weeks ago. https://www.youtube.com/@atomictraveller/community

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”