RapidComposer messes up real time Pitch Bend.

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
Its been a while, hope everyone here is doing good.

I'm Using RC(Latest Version) inside Reaper.
My Work flow is like this
RC on Track 1 -> Routed to Different Tracks thro different channels in Reaper, with instruments (Vst).
I open up RC select the tracks or highlight the tracks, so it plays the notes through channel that it has been routed to. (hoping I'm clear)
When playing real time, Pitch bend going into RC messes up the output which is been sent to the tracks, so every time this happens i open up the vst and double click the pitch wheel to reset. But the problem is some vst like massive Dexed doesn't have a visible pitch wheel, so resetting is a hassle.
Is there a work around for this. Using Reaper's I/O option "Merges with Midi Bus" is not an option in this case i guess.

Thank you

Edit: RC is sending 14 bit values i believe, which is centring at 8192, that is not complying with any vsts in know

Is tr any way to change the 14 bit cc to 7bit, I remember V3 did not have this issue.

There is indeed something wrong with real-time pitch bends in the plug-in.

Pitch bend is always 14-bit according to the MIDI 1.0 standard. It was 14-bit also in old RC versions.
I hope to have a fix soon, hopefully later today.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:26 am It was 14-bit also in old RC versions.
Hi Attila,
Thank you for responding,
I did not mean V3 wasnt 14bit, i meant there wasn't a problem with pitch bend in V3. I should 've elaborated, my bad.

But i checked with RC V3 vst and standalone,

Vst didnt have any problem with pitch bend, on the other hand it did have problems while selecting a track and using it as preview, but its not important i guess.

While the standalone version of RC shows same behavior, with vst plugins inside RC like V4.
Hope this might be helpful.

Thanks

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, v3 had only 7-bit CC's, but 14-bit CC's work well for everyone in v4.

There was a silly bug with pitch bends in the VST3 plug-in, which was fixed today.
A new beta version was uploaded with the fix. Please let me or BluGenes know if you need the download URL. I plan to release a maintenance update on Monday with the same fix.

Many thanks for reporting this bug! :tu:

Attila

Hi Attila,

That's a great news, unfortunately i cant use Beta at the moment, I ll have to wait until the stable release/Monday.
But u or anyone with the beta release please check the standalone too, with 3rd party plugins. Cauz like i mentioned b4 standalone has this behavior too but slightly different.

Thank you.

Hi JustSomeRandomDude1,

v4.7.2 was uploaded now with the fix for the bug which affected pitch bends in the RC VST3 plug-in.
I tested VST and VST3 plug-ins in the standalone version, and I found pitch bending worked well.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila,

Thank you so much, just checked RC Vst3 on Reaper. It works no issues. But unfortunately for me, standalone shows same behavior for some reason, this happened for V3 too . No matter pitched up or down on keyboard, the pitch wheel of the plugin goes down, IOW to negative value or 0. Checked it with Midi ox running the input trough, and some thing interesting tr, sending manual pitch information from Midi ox, starting from a negative bend 0 in 14 bit or -8192, RC recevies the signal and sends it out in increments of 64 (0 - 63 actually).

Below are the approx values
-8192 (+64 taking to) ~ -8128(64 middle, +63 to) ~ -8065
then goes to another cycle starts from,
-8064 (+64 which takes to) -8000 (+63 to) approx -7937
and continues on in cycles. Happens to all plugins, but i chose this as it was the one i could find which shows pitch bend values.
RC TEst.jpg
RC TEst 2.jpg

But doesnt really bother me, as i always use VST vsersion of RC.

And also, never got to thank you for including back "Distance from root 1,3,5" option, its been a while since i used RC. Just noticed now.

Thank you,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi JustSomeRandomDude1,

I am very grateful for your detailed bug report, because I managed to fix the bug in the standalone version about real-time pitch bend messages.
I tested only the sending of pitch bend events to VST/VST3 plug-ins, but not the incoming real-time events!
I did not increment the version number but rebuilt v4.7.2 with the bug fix. So please re-download the latest stable version.

Many thanks for reporting these bugs!
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:30 am So please re-download the latest stable version.
Thank you Attila, Ill do a clean and fresh install later, and get back. Becauz for now i just follow "if it works dont touch it" principle, funny, i know, as i have long standing reputation of messing things up and spending time to fix it. For now vst3 works perfectly, like i mentioned b4.

Thank you

I understand your principle, I am following it as well :)
If you'll ever need the fixed standalone executable only, please let me know.

:tu:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”