Fyler v1.0.8 - Crash.!

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Took advantage of the sale price this morning; thanks Attila.! But, after first run hit a problem.

Crash happening every time:-
1. Right-click on a file (MP3 in my case)
2. Move cursor into Context menu
3. Right-click on any entry there, to 'edit the verb'
4. With this edit box open, move pointer away and click anywhere else (don't change anything)
5. Boom.! The app disappears off the desktop

Another thing, I noticed no mention for Fyler in your 'Summer Sale' announcement thread. Maybe, with all the other products its become too low in priority now.? viewtopic.php?t=597790

I like to support your work. Want to look forward to further Fyler updates - some good feature ideas previously as you know:-
viewtopic.php?t=596056
viewtopic.php?p=8644097#p8644097
viewtopic.php?p=8607792#p8607792 (displaying the Phrase)

Finally, I know how to get there now, but adding a dedicated 'Settings' button at (maybe) extreme right on the top bar, beyond Tab scroll arrows, would be nice.

Anyway, for now.

Thanks,
thebutler
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Thank you so much for your support, thebutler!

Fyler is low priority right now, but that does not mean it is abandoned or unsupported. Some time ago I added fast file searching on all your drives, however the current UI is not suitable for displaying 2 million files in a list. A big UI rework is needed which is delayed due to other tasks.

In the meantime I am fixing the remaining bugs. I found a crashing bug today and fixed it. I'll send you a PM with an update.
However I could not reproduce the crash you found, after spending hours with that. I checked the source code, and I believe everything is correct. Will you try this update, and let me know?

Thanks!
Attila

Hi Attila - thanks for speedy response and update.! Problem not seen in v1.0.9 that you sent. Phew.! Have also replied to your PM

Cheers,
Bob
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Great, thanks, Bob!
I am going to upload v1.0.9 in a few days.

Cheers!
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”