PatchWork 2.65 VST 3 demo cutting reverb tails

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

These days I'm specifically testing reverb plugins with the PatchWork 2.65 demo and I've noticed that, with several plugins from different developers, reverb tails get cut when using the effects as VST 3s in PatchWork. Some of these are:

- Valhalla Supermassive
- Soundtoys Little Plate and SuperPlate
- Relab LX480 Essentials
- Izotope R2

My host is Nuendo 12 in a Windows 11 machine. I tested with the VST 3 version of PatchWork 2.65 demo.

And another serious issue I just observed: trying to instantiate the latest Guitar Rig 6 VST 3 in PatchWork causes a hard crash in Nuendo.

Sahul wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:15 pm These days I'm specifically testing reverb plugins with the PatchWork 2.65 demo and I've noticed that, with several plugins from different developers, reverb tails get cut when using the effects as VST 3s in PatchWork. Some of these are:

- Valhalla Supermassive
- Soundtoys Little Plate and SuperPlate
- Relab LX480 Essentials
- Izotope R2

My host is Nuendo 12 in a Windows 11 machine. I tested with the VST 3 version of PatchWork 2.65 demo.
We'll have to double check our implementation, but back in the days of VST2 I remember the Valhalla plug-ins not properly reporting the tail length, so maybe it is the same issue here.

Sahul wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:17 pm And another serious issue I just observed: trying to instantiate the latest Guitar Rig 6 VST 3 in PatchWork causes a hard crash in Nuendo.
Some plug-ins may indeed sometimes have compatibility issues. We have not tried this one yet. Is it maybe available in other plug-ins formats?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”