Audiority is awesome !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good lofi reverbs. I like Polaris and grainspace.

jamcat wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:17 pm The Electric Mistress is a very different kind of flanger than the BOSS BF-2 or MXR M117. And as such Electric Matter isn't going to overlap another flanger plugin.

Personally, I like the BF-2 and MXR best (about equally) and the Electric Mistress least. The BF-2 and MXR models in AmpliTube are the most authentic you can get of either right now. It would be nice if someone did a really exacting standalone model of both of them, because there really is no stand-in right now, outside of AmpliTube.
The 117 has a great character. I have one sitting in my collection that needs some love ;)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxXpnKch6iV/

Hopefully this year I'll be able to drop this from my to-do list.

Cheers,
Luca

Is their Heavy Pedal (Boss HM-2) any good? I have the hardware version and all the software versions I've tried so far sounds like crap (yeah, I know some people would say that was what the original sounded like as well). I use mine more as a sustainer and use the distortion moderately together with the gain of the amp, and have tried the same with software versions, not with any decent result though

You could demo it rather than rely on someone else's view. I own two real HM-2s and like it, but your use seems very specific and very different to mine.

grainspace is the one I keep coming back to. the most unpredictable effect I have. using it is almost like using a real instrument.
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

Audiority wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:35 am The 117 has a great character. I have one sitting in my collection that needs some love ;)

Cheers,
Luca
I hope Electric Matter gets updated with this older "greenie sista". Since Leon Todd demoed it last summer, I find myself coming back for an occasional re-watch, it's so damn liquidy smooth. If mercury was a sound, it would sound somewhat like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8DWEFdNNaA

Does anyone have a problem with Grainspace having those sputtering artifacts/glitchy-ish noises every few seconds? They last for like half a second and It's really annoying, I tried fiddling with the settings but it doesn't seem to do anything, they are always present, does anyone know what settings is causing those sputtering ''artifacts''?

I love Audiority because they are one of the few developers that install their .vst3 plugins in a manufacturer's folder with no additional files or folders. Just a clean installation. I wish there were others that did this.
That and Tube modulator and Pyros are favorites here.

Audiority wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:35 am
jamcat wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:17 pm The Electric Mistress is a very different kind of flanger than the BOSS BF-2 or MXR M117. And as such Electric Matter isn't going to overlap another flanger plugin.

Personally, I like the BF-2 and MXR best (about equally) and the Electric Mistress least. The BF-2 and MXR models in AmpliTube are the most authentic you can get of either right now. It would be nice if someone did a really exacting standalone model of both of them, because there really is no stand-in right now, outside of AmpliTube.
The 117 has a great character. I have one sitting in my collection that needs some love ;)

Cheers,
Luca
We're coming up on almost a year since this post.
Any news to share from the Flanger Chronicles?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Big thumbs up for GrainSpace (creative) and XenoVerb (flexible algorithm) reverbs.

XenoVerb may not be the final reverb chosen, but it has so many algorithms that I'll frequently use it up front to narrow down what I'm looking for, and it just may stick. Particularly fond of the Glass and Flow algorithms.

kafelnikov wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:33 am Does anyone have a problem with Grainspace having those sputtering artifacts/glitchy-ish noises every few seconds? They last for like half a second and It's really annoying, I tried fiddling with the settings but it doesn't seem to do anything, they are always present, does anyone know what settings is causing those sputtering ''artifacts''?
All presets? Some presets? (Note: Granular effects are frequently used for intentionally glitchy effects.)

Check your CPU usage. Grainspace can be pretty heavy there. Maxing out a CPU core can definitely cause glitches and artifacts.

Spazspaz wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:43 pm Hello !

I never posted on this forum, but been buying things on KVR for a little while now...
Well, I just bought 5 Audiority plugins from a fellow Kvr-ist and after a few sessions with them, I just couldn't stop thinking that I needed to tell the world how good they are !
So yeah, that's it, they are awesome !
Tube Modulator has an incredible sound to it, gritty and 3D !
Plexitape is beyond amazing for dark noisy delays and the verbs are also adding some great color compare to other well know brands...
Just wanted to share this and say thank you to Audiority to have come up with plugins that actually make you want to experiment for hours and hours !
Cheers :phones:

(im in no way affiliated to Audiority btw...)
I can only agree. All my check boxes are checked. Awesome sound quality with attention to detail. Super easy license file activation. Very fair priced. Great support and updates all the time.

rj0 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:32 am
kafelnikov wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:33 am Does anyone have a problem with Grainspace having those sputtering artifacts/glitchy-ish noises every few seconds? They last for like half a second and It's really annoying, I tried fiddling with the settings but it doesn't seem to do anything, they are always present, does anyone know what settings is causing those sputtering ''artifacts''?
All presets? Some presets? (Note: Granular effects are frequently used for intentionally glitchy effects.)

Check your CPU usage. Grainspace can be pretty heavy there. Maxing out a CPU core can definitely cause glitches and artifacts.
They are not glitches because of the cpu being strained, it seems to be something inherent in Grainspace, I will try to post a sample later, maybe someone can tell me if it's normal, they are kinda like sputtering bursts of noise on top of whatever it's being ''granulized'', it sounds like something inherent to the plugin to me but maybe I'm wrong.

YnJ wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:12 am Is their Heavy Pedal (Boss HM-2) any good? I have the hardware version and all the software versions I've tried so far sounds like crap (yeah, I know some people would say that was what the original sounded like as well). I use mine more as a sustainer and use the distortion moderately together with the gain of the amp, and have tried the same with software versions, not with any decent result though
Yes it is very good. It does the chainsaw, the blend and the noise gate works well.
Being stereo and with the right settings you could even use it on the drum bus.
The blend works nicely with Bass too if not over done.
I usually use free plugin called Misstortion on bass with settings that emulate a Darkglass sound.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

Release date of BF-2?
Just asking, no pressure

Return to “Effects”