Audiority is awesome !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:42 pm Grainspace fan here.
Same here. Grainspace, Xenoverb and Polaris for me. Made a whole track using just Grainspace, Volcano 2 and Polaris.. like 4 years ago.

viewtopic.php?p=7238036#p7238036
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

vitocorleone123 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:49 pmIt’s definitely better than the too-clean and shiny Pulsar stuff :-) Couldn’t stand the Pulsar one in comparison!
Yeah, you were the one who got me to try the Audiority one and I hated it! :lol: I also tried Xenoverb too, when someone was comparing it favorably to Blue Sky and I did not like that one at all, either. Oh well. (I do like Softube Tape Echos a lot too)

If you’re really into grime, SketchCassette II is awesome and cheap.

https://aberrantdsp.com/plugins/sketchcassette/
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:23 am
vitocorleone123 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:49 pmIt’s definitely better than the too-clean and shiny Pulsar stuff :-) Couldn’t stand the Pulsar one in comparison!
Yeah, you were the one who got me to try the Audiority one and I hated it! :lol: I also tried Xenoverb too, when someone was comparing it favorably to Blue Sky and I did not like that one at all, either. Oh well. (I do like Softube Tape Echos a lot too)

Well thanks for trying it. Probably the last thing you ever tried I suggested. Hehe. I don’t really enjoy Xeboverb, but it does have a couple more unique flavors (still).

SketchCassette2 is great - have that, too.

My favorite chorus plugins are Overloud Gem and ChorX. The new Dark Matter also made the list- far more limited, but it had a new-analog sound that compares favorably (if a bit darker) to my Walrus Julianna. Not sure I’ll ever use it as a delay, though. Dr Phase is free so I still suggest that one. Electric Matter is quite good, but if you have an analog style flanger already you’re happy with it may not add much new.

For the money, Audiority plugins are fantastic values. But they aren’t necessarily able to compete with the best of the best.

Are you using those plugins for guitars or synths, if I may ask?
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

zerocrossing wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:16 pm Funny, I have a lot of plugins, but not a single one from Audiority. I don’t know what’s going on with them, but every time I demo one I’m disappointed.
well, probable causes of that could be: a) you have impaired hearing b) you have hands growing out of your ass c) you are insane.

or it can be all of the options combined. see a doctor for more details.

El°HYM wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:51 pm Are you using those plugins for guitars or synths, if I may ask?
Hardware and software synths and samples. Sampled guitar, too, but not real.

I'm a fan ... I love ECHOES T7E MKII, GRAINSPACE and TUBE MODULATOR ... they have a "tone" that I like. A bit gritty :hihi: The dev is very responsive too. I think I have most of their effects now.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:59 am
El°HYM wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:51 pm Are you using those plugins for guitars or synths, if I may ask?
Hardware and software synths and samples. Sampled guitar, too, but not real.
Ok, seems you are almost doing it right then. :wink:

Also wanted to add, that Audiority is indeed an awesome company.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

In my opinion they are some of the worst regarding distortion plugins or distortion algorithms. Every time they release something new it's an instant buy. To be honest I think they do the greatest Distortion plugins in the whole software world. Not only that you get a pedal, no you got several different versions of it! Their pyro plugin is great too!

Xbucket wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:33 am In my opinion they are some of the worst regarding distortion plugins or distortion algorithms. Every time they release something new it's an instant buy. To be honest I think they do the greatest Distortion plugins in the whole software world. Not only that you get a pedal, no you got several different versions of it! Their pyro plugin is great too!
'Worst' seems like a bad choice of words, when you consider all the words after it.

CinningBao wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:42 am
Xbucket wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:33 am In my opinion they are some of the worst regarding distortion plugins or distortion algorithms. Every time they release something new it's an instant buy. To be honest I think they do the greatest Distortion plugins in the whole software world. Not only that you get a pedal, no you got several different versions of it! Their pyro plugin is great too!
'Worst' seems like a bad choice of words, when you consider all the words after it.
"Worst" for the bank account, maybe? They're pretty cheap plugins, though. And great sounding!

aallvor wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:35 am
CinningBao wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:42 am
"Worst" for the bank account, maybe? They're pretty cheap plugins, though. And great sounding!
I love!!!! Them!!! Worst just because no matter if I say save some money, audiority makes me forget that. 😄

GrainSPace and Pyros ...two of my favorites 💚

vitocorleone123 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:19 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:23 am

Well thanks for trying it. Probably the last thing you ever tried I suggested. Hehe. I don’t really enjoy Xeboverb, but it does have a couple more unique flavors (still).

SketchCassette2 is great - have that, too.

My favorite chorus plugins are Overloud Gem and ChorX. The new Dark Matter also made the list- far more limited, but it had a new-analog sound that compares favorably (if a bit darker) to my Walrus Julianna. Not sure I’ll ever use it as a delay, though. Dr Phase is free so I still suggest that one. Electric Matter is quite good, but if you have an analog style flanger already you’re happy with it may not add much new.

For the money, Audiority plugins are fantastic values. But they aren’t necessarily able to compete with the best of the best.
Actually, I went back to their website and found they have a few solid state amp emulations that I thought were really good. I’m a sucker for that 90s MOS-FET tone.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

vitocorleone123 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:19 pm Electric Matter is quite good, but if you have an analog style flanger already you’re happy with it may not add much new.
The Electric Mistress is a very different kind of flanger than the BOSS BF-2 or MXR M117. And as such Electric Matter isn't going to overlap another flanger plugin.

Personally, I like the BF-2 and MXR best (about equally) and the Electric Mistress least. The BF-2 and MXR models in AmpliTube are the most authentic you can get of either right now. It would be nice if someone did a really exacting standalone model of both of them, because there really is no stand-in right now, outside of AmpliTube.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Effects”