New Atom SQ Extension

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Quick update for those using the script: V1.1 is just about ready. Need to do some final QA but should be good to go by the end of the week. Mostly fixes and adjustments as per your comments (thank you!) and a nifty new empty Inst menu for when there is no device in a track.

Awesome extension, much appreciated! And this is a very nice and handy controller to use within bitwig

The remote controls page browsing would be very cool too, and have the TRx0x style editor for drum patterns

Hey there, V1.1 is now available! Here is the changelog:

Version 1.1
New Features
new preset browser features implemented. see manual for details.
New "empty device" menu added for the display buttons for when a track has no device.
Bug Fixes
the encoders for Remote Controls pages were locked to the first page. Now they follow the on-screen selection.
devices "bounce" at either end of a device chain. This has been resolved.
Move device buttons correctly light up, depending on if a move is possible.

Regarding the issue of the note input only being on channel 10....yes, this could be changed, however the controller itself sends all other note messages on channel 10, including aftertouch, pitchbend, mod etc. This cannot be changed on the controller. So at this point, I am leaving this as is: just setup Midi for the notes on midi 10.

This version is 1.1 because it is still using API version 17, and everything is BW 4.x compatible. As of 5.0 there is a new Java version and a new API version, so I will start a 2.0 script next, based on these.
Download link:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... E7346F3FC6

I did my best to check for any possible issues, especially with the new menus, but if there are any bugs that you all discover, just let me know. :)

How’s the 2.0 / BW5 version coming? I’m looking forward to trying it.

I don’t have an Atom SQ but it would be cool to see some progress videos or some of its functions!

Also if you don’t mind, I added a link to your extension in the Bitwig extension Hub.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://instagram.com/kirkwoodwest/
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest

Good morning. :) the 2.0 Version has not been started yet, but I will poke at it over the holidays.
@Kirkwood West: Thanks! Had not thought of doing that. :)

Creepr wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:50 am Good morning. :) the 2.0 Version has not been started yet, but I will poke at it over the holidays.
@Kirkwood West: Thanks! Had not thought of doing that. :)
Thanks a lot for all the effort, my atom SQ is usable again !

Looking forward to that 2.0. 1.1 is working pretty well here.

I still wish Bitwig had a "last-touched" or hovered-over that you could map a knob to...

Hi Creepr,
I second that, the script works fine.

Petr
Lenovo Legion 5 Pro, Ryzen7 5800H, 8C/16T, 32MB RAM, 2x1TB M.2, NVIDIA RTX3060 Laptop GPU, Bitwig Studio 5.x, Presonus Studio One 5/6, Presonus Studio 26c, Presonus ATOM SQ, AKAI APC40 MKII, Evolution UC-33e, M-Audio Radium 49, Studiologic VMK 188 Plus

Any news about a 2.0 version?

awesome script working abs. fine on Mac and 5.1.3, good use of trusty Atom SQ & Bitwig, love to so see: navigation of remote control pages and touch strip modes (vol/pan/...)

Dickes Dankeee in den Schwarzwald :-)
Mac Mini M2Pro, Logic X, Live 11, Push2, S1 V6, Atom SQ, VirusTI2 Desktop, Korg Minilogue xd, Adam A7V, Neumann KH120II, RME, KOMPLETE KONTROL...

Koldunya wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:15 pm I also got the step sequencer function working >_> (after making a clip). The lower 16 pads are the same as the 16 pads on the OG Atom (ie they're also the only ones that light up to match the track lol).
Hi Koldunya, how have you been able to get the Step Sequencer working in Bitwig?
This is a feature I would really like to see working.

davidreasonnl wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:41 am
Koldunya wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:15 pm I also got the step sequencer function working >_> (after making a clip). The lower 16 pads are the same as the 16 pads on the OG Atom (ie they're also the only ones that light up to match the track lol).
Hi Koldunya, how have you been able to get the Step Sequencer working in Bitwig?
This is a feature I would really like to see working.
Hi davidreasonnl,
select Track, make a Clip, load instrument (Atlas, XO etc.), turn on record arm. Now you are in Drum Pad Mode 1-16 are 16 sounds (16 in Atlas, 8 in XO...) Shift button is dimmed/off. Now press Shift (lit up/on) you are in Sequencer Mode 1-16 are notes/16 steps C1-D#2. You can select note/drum pad using up/down arrows or press and hold Song button and select 1-16. Shift button works as toggle Drum Pad Mode/Sequencer Mode.
Lenovo Legion 5 Pro, Ryzen7 5800H, 8C/16T, 32MB RAM, 2x1TB M.2, NVIDIA RTX3060 Laptop GPU, Bitwig Studio 5.x, Presonus Studio One 5/6, Presonus Studio 26c, Presonus ATOM SQ, AKAI APC40 MKII, Evolution UC-33e, M-Audio Radium 49, Studiologic VMK 188 Plus

Hi folks. The 2.0 update has not been forgotten, I have just been overly busy with work. I also switched from VS-Code to IDEA recently on a recommendation from a coworker and it is taking some getting used to. :) I have however sorted a lot of small code refinements and have a working 2.0, albeit with no actual new features. At least the Java version et al. is updated and working correctly. Thanks for your patience, I will see if I can get a feature or two added and release the 2.0 soon. If anyone has some further recommendations for features, let me know.

Hi & Thanks so much for your work. Hopefully I will now not feel the need to buy a new controller for Wiggers.

Is it possible to use more than eight knobs on an instrument. Ie with different pages like on S1???
No worries if not..... I really appreciate the fact my SQ is no longer sat there doing sweet FA

Return to “Controller Scripting”