UDO Audio Super Gemini

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lots of love for the UDO Super Gemini.
I might be in the minority, but (to me) it just doesn't sound that interesting.
I was never a big fan of the Juno series.

I'd like to see the Trigon expanded a bit.
- 16-voices
- Ladder and SV Filters
- More elaborate onboard effects
- 61 keys (Poly Aftertouch would be a bonus)
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

morphex wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:51 pm As much as I love software, I still adore an expertly crafted hardware synth that doesn’t need a computer.
Moog One can’t get no respect (it *is* a computer)

Jim Roseberry wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:29 pm Lots of love for the UDO Super Gemini.
Add me to that minority. I can see the appeal, but the UDO synths don’t interest me personally.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

I think this sounds amazing, as does the udo 6. Very creamy and expensive sounding. Hats off to UDO for making amazing synths!

Uncle E wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:49 pm
morphex wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:51 pm As much as I love software, I still adore an expertly crafted hardware synth that doesn’t need a computer.
Moog One can’t get no respect (it *is* a computer)
A computer with intonation issues... :hihi:
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

Cool that it has a fan. Everybody loves fans, especially noisy ones.

Uncle E wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:30 pm Cool that it has a fan.
Pun intended? :hihi:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

I remember the MoogOne having multiple fans.
When you turn it on, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner. :hyper:
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

cryophonik wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:50 pm
Jim Roseberry wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:29 pm Lots of love for the UDO Super Gemini.
Add me to that minority. I can see the appeal, but the UDO synths don’t interest me personally.
I think the issue may be that we’re saturated with amazing choices, even some at very low prices. Software too. I was all excited about the 3rd Wave, though didn’t really consider it because I don’t have room for a keyboard. The desktop release reignited my interest and I went through all the demos and came to the conclusion that, while it sounds great, I didn’t really feel like it would add anything better to what I already have.

If money was not a factor, I’d pick up the Super Gemini as a replacement for my Hydrasynth Deluxe, but I’m not really feeling super excited for it. I’ve been having a great time bringing in old wavetables into Dune 3, with amazing results. I just wish they’d make the MSEGs polyphonic.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

cryophonik wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:32 pm Pun intended? :hihi:
Mix like you’re in an airport.

Jim Roseberry wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:36 pm I remember the MoogOne having multiple fans.
When you turn it on, it sounds like a vacuum cleaner. :hyper:
Yes, very high-end. What it’s like to have servants cleaning round the clock a la Howard Hughes. Peasants can’t appreciate this fine living.

Moog One cleared for takeoff on runaway two niner.
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

CoolColJ wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:09 pm 3rd Wave has the same chips as the Prophet 10, but they don't sound the same.
Prophet 10 resonance screams, whereas the 3rd is more syrupy and gentle in comparison, based on my recent playing of both
Eating my words about 3rd Wave right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDZvboKZXmM

Had a chance to sit down and play with a Super Gemini for a few hours yesterday. My god it sounds absolutely spectacular and was very easy to operate and understand. It's an extremely attractive synth as a whole package. I even liked the keybed.

The only thing that felt super cheap on it were the knobs.. and I don't mean the potentiometers, I mean the actual plastic knob caps. They felt 3D printed and super cheap. Some of them even sat quite badly on the pots and were tilted/uneven. For the money they are asking, that was a real oddity.

Still, this is truly one of the great synthesizers of our time. That was immediately obvious.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”