Markov Melody Generator progress and question concerning limiting note range

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to share a progress with RC as soon as I have a good melody file in MIDI.
I can then use Markov melody generator to learn from this MIDI.
The then generated new melody is in the spirit of the original. That is great.

And a question concerning the note range of the generators, as I play mainly 22 fret guitar which is tuned EADGBE.
Can I limit the note range of the generators to notes I can play on my Les Paul?
And what is the low E on my guitar in terms of the piano role? And what is my D on the highest fret?
Best regards and keep on creating music,
-rockbandguy

two things you can do..

1) If the VST is a guitar, on the track, in the properties page set the chord voicing to acoustic guitar.
2) is to use the Limit Note Range variation on the track, found in the properties tab of the track, variations.

as for mapping guitar strings to piano keys, they use the same notes. Meaning, E is an E... etc. so a low E on guitar is a E on a piano roll.. I suppose it's hard for me to explain this.. I play guitar too..

It isn't going to matter if the instrument you choose is, for example, a piano, or a violin, or what ever, even a guitar. The notes are the same..

Thx, BluGenes. But in terms of E1, E2, E3, E4 etc., what is the Ex on low E string? And what is the highest note on a guitar with 22 frets?
-rockbandguy

rockbandguy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:01 am Thx, BluGenes. But in terms of E1, E2, E3, E4 etc., what is the Ex on low E string? And what is the highest note on a guitar with 22 frets?
yea, I know what you mean... I am trying to look for a reference for you.. I could hook up my guitar and turn on my midi key board, but, it's 5 am here and I like were I live. (she would kick me out lol)

found this chart.. if you use 440 tuning, which is A, and is the same as the open second string, these are the notes..

https://www.inspiredacoustics.com/en/MI ... requencies

Oh yeah, understand what You mean.
It is this channel setting I need the information for:
RC-Note-Range.PNG
Though I have chosen "Guitar" for this channel, it still starts with C1 and goes up to G9.
And I want to restrict the range to a 22-fret guitar that is tuned EADGBE.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-rockbandguy

I don't understand the chart You've found. Stupid me. ;)
I only need - what I thought would be simple - the low E is "E2" and the highest note is "D4" (those numbers are just as example). I am looking for the "real ones"
-rockbandguy

Is this an E2 in terms of the restriction range:
RC-Note-Range1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-rockbandguy

And is this a D6 then?
RC-Note-Range2.PNG
-rockbandguy

ok, using that chart I linked to, notice what 440 is, which is A open string on the guitar, which maps to A4.
So, the notes map to E4 A4 D5 G5 B5 E5.. look at your second screen shot, notice the "5" below the keyboard?

Light at the end of the tunnel! :hihi:
-rockbandguy

And what is the best way of limit the generators to that note range? And if they want to use a higher/lower note, than let them transpose?
Can that be set in the track properties?
Cause I couldn't find the restriction in the "Variation" of the generator itself.
Last edited by rockbandguy on Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
-rockbandguy

No, that is MIDI, so, it related to the track .. You use the limit note range track variation.

tracks share some variations from phrases, but, also have their own variations, because it's MIDI.

Can I save a Markov Generator that learnt from a MIDI file somehow as new generator or so?
-rockbandguy

yes... in the phrase inspector, at the bottom, the row with the play button, the icon with the stack and a plus sign..

just give it a name and group name.. I recommend the group name default that it shows is fine.. just give it a meaningful name.. if you add a number last, and enable persistent name, it will auto generate the next number for the next save..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”